/ looking up at the trees

The dreams I have of soft bristles of velvety neon green. Looking up at trees, an array of complex branches and pathways. I think of the neuronal pathways in our brains. Always growing new ones and strengthening the ones that provide us the most resources. Shielding them with bark to make them more efficient, to protect them, our brain's myelination process.

Do people believe we are all one and the same or the hierarchy exists and will always exist even when we try to destroy it?

Do people believe we are as much alike as the trees as they are a force that can't be stopped, that is bigger than us.

Do people see the trees and respect the possibility of destruction?

Do people accept life and ignore death, and not realize we avoid our own hypocrisy?

Do our brains allow us to expand to accept 2 opposing ideas existing in harmony or can we only handle one side?

Is that why we see law abiding citizens with a distaste for evil and a serial killer, a murderer who believes all good is a facade?

Is the in between possible and is it acceptable?

The trees are right in front of us and tell us, but we cherry pick what we want and don't want to know. Even the trees know they wouldn't grow without a forest fire, and they would cease to exist without destroying the man who tries it.

Do we know and accept this? Our brains are like the trees but unlike the trees, they do not accept the truth of it all.

🌲