Chapter 10

I went back to the house to find Jeff sound asleep in MY bed, food scattered everywhere. I shook my head and laid on the couch. I'm not a maid. He will clean that up himself. I won't let him treat me like this anymore. I stared up at the ceiling. I'm glad he didn't see me with Jason... I actually had fun today for once... Maybe i'll see him again tomorrow? 

I woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. I sat up and looked over into the kitchen. I couldn't believe my eyes. Jeff was... cooking? I slowly got up and walked into the kitchen. Was I dreaming...? 

Jeff looked over at me "Oh hey" He went back to cooking. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him "Whatcha makin'?" "Myself some good food since you won't do it" I moved away from him "What?" He looked at me "Myself. Some. GOOD. Food. Since. YOU. Won't. Do. It" He went back to cooking. I stared at him in shock for a moment. Was he really still being an asshole after yesterday? I sighed in annoyance "Whatever" 

I went into the living room and sat down on the couch, putting my shoes on. Jeff poked his head into the room "Where do you think you're going?" I rolled my eyes "Out" I got up and walked towards the door. "I don't think so" He grabbed my arm "Not without me" I yanked my arm away "Well to late for that because I already did yesterday" I left the house before he could say anything more. I knew he wouldn't chase after me. He was to busy cooking food for himself.

I went to town again and went to my favorite breakfast place. I walked inside and Jason was standing in line to be seated. I smiled and walked up to him "Hey" He looked over at me and smiled "Oh hey! Wanna eat together?" I smiled "Sure" 

We got a table together and ordered what we both wanted. "So how was work?" He chuckled slightly "Tiring. Where do you work?" I looked down "Oh uhm.. I don't work. I'm kinda not allowed too.." He tilted his head "Not allowed too?" I shrugged slightly "My boyfriend doesn't allow me to work.. He doesn't even like me going out by myself.. But he hasn't really been the best boyfriend lately so I kinda just leave the house anyways. He doesn't go after me.." He frowned slightly "Oh.. Well you could stay at my apartment if you'd like? I could sleep on the couch." I smiled slightly "I'd like that but.. I don't think that'd go over too well with Jeff.." He nodded slightly "I understand.. My offer still stands though. So if you ever need me don't be afraid to call. You still have my number right?" I nodded "I do" He smiled "Good"

After eating he had to go to work again. I walked around town. Maybe I should go stay with him for a while? I'm sure Jeff wouldn't care. He doesn't do anything for me anymore anyways. So why should I even care? I miss my best friend.... I felt tears starting to rush to my eyes. No don't cry here. I rubbed my eyes and started to head back home. Maybe if I talk to him about it he'll understand..?

I got back to the house and the power was out. "Jeff?" I called, walking slowly into the house. "Jeff where are you?" I tried to turn on the lights but nothing came on. "Jeff..?" I couldn't see anything. I had no idea where I was walking. "Jeff this isn't funny!" I felt someone behind me and froze. It's probably just Jeff... I turned around but couldn't see his face "Jeff?" I whispered out "What's going on?" He didn't answer me. I stepped towards him "Jeff?" I felt around until I found his hands "Jeff what happen to the power?" He still didn't answer me. 

I started to feel a bit uneasy. Why wasn't he saying anything. "Jeff..." I reached up towards his face and gently rubbed his cheek but... his cuts... they weren't there... and his hair.. it was short... This wasn't Jeff. I jumped back "You're not Jeff.." He stepped towards me and I ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I hid in my closet. Where is Jeff? Who is this person? I heard them walk into my room and stop right in front of the closet. I covered my mouth, trying to keep quiet. 

He opened to closet and grabbed my arms, pulling me out. I screamed and tried to push him off "Let me go!" He pinned me to the bed and pulled out something from his pocket. I felt something cold against my neck. My eyes widen "Stop!" I tried to kick him off.

That's when the lights came on and I heard Jeff yell "Hah! Got you!" He started laughing. Jack was on top of me with his scalpel held to my neck. He got off and put it away. I got up and looked at Jeff "You asshole!" I ran out of the room, crying. I can't believe he'd do something like that to me..

Jeff's POV

"What? What did I do?" Jack looked over at me "She's probably upset because you scared her half to death." I looked at him "What? Why would she be upset over that?" Jack shrugged "Maybe because you haven't been paying any attention to her?" I looked at the door "Oh shit.." I ran out after her.

Savannah's POV

I sat outside, trying to calm down. "Savannah..?" Jeff sat next to me "I'm really sorry.. I just.. I don't know what I was thinking.." I glared at him "You're an asshole. You've been treating me like crap for the past couple weeks and then you do this?" He sighed and looked at me "I'm sorry... I don't know why I acted like that I just.. I don't know.." I stood up "I'm going to stay at a friends house tonight. Don't come looking for me" I walked off "Savannah!" I ignored him and continued to my car, getting in a driving away. I parked in a parking lot and called Jason.

"Hello?" "Hey it's me... Savannah" "Oh hey! Is everything alright?" I looked down "Well uhm.. Not really... Could I stay the night at your place..?" "Of course!" I smile slightly "Thanks.." "No problem hun" He gave me the directions to his place and I drove there. Was I really going to stay the night with him...? Is this really a good idea..? I parked in front of his apartment building. I guess one night won't hurt... Right?