Chapter 16: Bonding

Sebastian had only been in Victoria's hometown for a couple of days, but he was already having a blast spending time with his young nieces and nephews.

Willie, Tina, Selena, and Estelle were a bundle of energy, and Sebastian relished the chance to be the fun, doting uncle.

On his second day in town, Sebastian decided to take the kids out for a day of adventure.

First, he loaded them up and headed to the local mall, where they explored the various shops and arcades.

The kids' faces lit up as they raced from store to store, excitedly picking out small trinkets and toys.

Sebastian laughed as he watched them dart around, trying to keep up.

"Slow down, you little monkeys!" he teased, though there was no real exasperation in his voice. He was happy to indulge their enthusiasm.

After the mall, Sebastian took them to the park, where they spent hours running around on the playground equipment.

He pushed them on the swings, chased them through the jungle gym, and even joined in a heated game of tag.

By the time they were ready to leave, the kids were utterly exhausted, but their faces were alight with joy.

"Uncle Seb, can we come back tomorrow?" Estelle asked, tugging on his sleeve.

"Of course! We'll have even more fun," Sebastian promised, earning excited cheers from the little ones.

As they headed back to the car, Tina grabbed Sebastian's hand, swinging it back and forth.

"This has been the best day ever," she declared. "Thank you for taking us out!"

Sebastian smiled and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"The pleasure is all mine, kiddo. I'm having a wonderful time with you all."

And he meant it. Being around his lively nieces and nephews was exactly what Sebastian needed to lift his spirits.

Victoria's hometown was growing on him, and he found himself hoping he could visit again soon.