Chapter 3

The group bombarded me with questions, though I was only able to answer a few of them.

"Are you Mr. Aizawa's daughter?" Mina asked. I nodded.

"What's your quirk?" Kirishima asked.

"It's called hyper acoustics..." I replied.

"Sounds stupid..." I heard the blonde mumble. What was his name? Kacchan? Baka-gou? Bakugou? Yeah, that sounds right.

After lunch, we headed back to class. The rest of the day went by fast, and it was finally time to go home.

Smiley :)

Smiley :)
Hey, I'm not going to be able
to take you home
I'm hanging out with some friends

Zumi
K, get home safe, Maho
Read

I sighed and put my phone back in my bag. Guess I'm walking home alone. I packed up my stuff and threw my bag over my shoulder.

"Hey! Uh- Aizawa!" Mina calls out to me.

"You don't have to call me Aizawa. Please just call me Izumi." I look over at her.

She nods, "Do you want to walk home together?" She smiles at me. I mean, it's better than walking alone.

"Sure." I nod. She seemed nice. I could use more friends than just Maho.

Mina links her arm with me as we leave the classroom. She giggles, making me smile softly.

"Let's take the train!" Mina pulls me along in the direction of the nearest train station. I went along with her cause I didn't want her to think I was a pussy. I hate trains. I hate cars. I hate everything.

We stepped onto the train and found a seat. I squeezed her hand as the train took off. She didn't say anything and sqeezed my hand back.

We sat in silence the whole trains ride until we stepped off the train.

"Izumi... are you scared of trains?" Mina asked. She never let go of my hand.

"It's not that I'm scared of trains... just... scared of the loud noises they make... because of my quirk, my ears are sensitive to loud noises." I explained. She stared at me intently, never interrupting me.

"You could've said no. I would've understood. Next time, we can walk instead." Mina said as her thumb rubbed my hand. She really is sweet.

"I didn't want you to think... I was a wuss..." I mumbled, and she gasped.

"I would never think that of you." She hugs me. The hug felt nice. I hugged her back.

The rest of the walk home was silent. We exchanged numbers after I dropped her off at her house. I waved goodbye and headed home myself.

"Dad?" I called out as o walked into the apartment. Guess he's not home yet.

I put my stuff down in my room and flopped down on the couch. I yawned and closed my eyes.

"Meow?" I felt something sit on my chest. I opened my eyes to see our fat cat, Mochi.

I picked her up and carried her over to her food bowl. I filled it up and changed her water. I walked over to the fridge. I need to go grocery shopping.

I grabbed some leftovers and heated it up in the microwave. I grabbed a bottle of water and sat on the couch with me food. I flipped through the channels.

I don't know when I did, but I drifted off to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to the TV playing, and I had a blanket on me. I looked to my right to see my dad asleep on the couch as well.

I sighed and got up. I laid the blanket over him and turned off the TV.  I headed back to my room and changed into some pj's before falling asleep.

That morning, I got up to my phone ringing.

                       Incoming call
                            Smiley :)

"Maho? Why are you calling me so damn early in the morning?" I yawned, sitting up in my bed.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry... I just.. I wanted to apologize for not sitting with you at lunch and not walking home with you..." I heard her voice waver.

"It's fine. I ate with other people from my class. I made friends with this girl named Mina. She's nice. She earned home with me yesterday." The line went silent.

"I'm glad... you weren't alone. Let's go to a cafe or something! My treat. I want to make it up to you for being a bad friend." She spoke up. I could imagine her doing her toothy grin.

"Ok. After school we can go to my favorite cafe." I said, smiling.

"Ok." She giggled and then hung up. I yawned again and got off my bed. I grabbed my uniform and headed into the bathroom for a shower.

I stripped out of my clothes from last night as well as my ear pieces and stepped into the shower. The shower felt good.

After my shower, I changed into my uniform and brushed my hair as well as outting my ear pieces back in my ears. I stared at myself in the mirror. My slightly overgrown bangs fell over my light grey eyes. I hated my eyes. They reminded me of my mother.

I left the bathroom and walked down the hall to the kitchen. My dad was already there, a cup of coffee in hand. I ate breakfast quickly and put on my socks and shoes.

"Do you want a ride to school?" My dad asked me as I grabbed my bag.

"No thanks. I'm going with Maho." I shook my head.

He nodded, "Stay safe." I nodded and left the apartment. I lied to him. I wasn't walking with Maho, but I didn't feel like riding in a car.

I left the building and went down a different path than the one I took yesterday. I felt bad about lying to him, but it is what it is.

The path I took is the same path I take when I go running. It used to be part of a nature walk, but people stopped coming here, and the company that did the nature walk lost business.

I walked past a giant cherry blossom tree, petals falling down on me as I walked past. My dad proposed to my mom here. He said it was so magical.

I arrived at the school, picking petals out of my hair. I walked into the classroom and took a seat.

I sighed as my dad walked into the room. I just wanted to go to the cafe after school with Maho already.

The day was going along as usual. At lunch, I sat with Mina and her friends. Theu chatted about anything and everything. I only talked when the conversation was directed towards me.

The group called themselves the Bakusquad, and apparently, I joined them. Kaminari kept sending winks my way, and I was getting uncomfortable. When will this day be over?

After lunch, we headed back to class. I let out a small laugh at one of Kirishima's jokes, making Mina gasp.

I sat in my seat and waited for class to start when...

"I am here! Coming through the door like a normal person!" All Might busted through the back door. Nothing about this is normal.

"Young heroes! Put on your hero suits and come with me!" All Might said, making everyone jump out of their seats.

"Finally real hero stuff!" Everyone cheered. Good grief.