Chapter 4

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DADDY" I squeal running up and jumping up and down on his bed.
"Good morning princess." He laughs softly, he always wakes up with a sexy gruff tone to his voice. "Is it morning already?" Daddy had been up late most nights these past few weeks, which meant he woke up tired and didn't want to play games and do many cute things with me.
"Can we do something fun today?" It was Sunday, which meant he didn't have to go to work today.
"I told you last night that I had a lot of work to catch up on, little girl." He sits up and walks to his bathroom.
"Buuuut dadddddy, it's your day off... the only day you get off all week. Every other day I have to sit home and wait around for you to get home." I cross my arms and stare at his empty pillow.
"I don't like your attitude lately, little one." I'd been testing the waters a bit lately. Doing little things here and there to try and get a reaction out of him, but all I got was a light scold every so often, I wanted real punishment. He approaches his bathroom sink and begins rinsing his face. I roll my eyes and sigh loud enough for him to hear.
"What on earth was that?" he says looking at me through the mirror.
"Nothing daddy." I withdraw my debate, I really want to test him but I don't have the guts. "I made you something!" I say, changing my tone. I run down the hall to my room and appear back with a canvas taller than me. It's an oil painting of daddy and I. I lean it up against the wall and point out the picture and describe the colors I used.
"Are they the paints I got you the other week?" he asks proudly, I nod. "It's just beautiful Lacey." He approaches me and holds me tight "I'm so proud of you" he kisses the top of my head and holds my shoulders. "Daddy hasn't been paying much attention to baby girl lately has he?" he begins stroking my cheeks with his left hand. "Daddy's sorry, you still my little girl?" he smiles, he knew the answer.
"Of course Daddy, I've just missed you. I miss playing" a small tear runs down my cheek, sliding over his hand that was still caressing. He dries my face and places a kiss in place of the sadness.
"How's about I take the day off working through all the paperwork." I look at him unconvinced. "And I'll take next weekend off too" he holds his pointer finger up as if it's the greatest idea he's ever had. "We can go away somewhere after work on Friday, I'll leave early- just after lunch."
"What?" I begin squealing "You promise?!" the biggest smile appears on my face as I hug daddy close and burry my face into his chest.
"Yes I promise babygirl." He laughs holding me close.
"Or you have to eat dogfood!" I exclaim through his tight grip. He smiles and begins laughing.
"Haha deal." He pushes me off him and extends his hand. I look down at it, spit on my hand and hold it out for him to do the same. "That's not very ladylike." He half jokes.
"It makes it legitness." I exclaim, still smiling wide. He bursts into laughter and spits in his hand and shakes mine.
"We are never doing that again, it's gross." He smiles, pulling away and wiping the residue on his handkerchief.
"Yes daddy."
"So where do you want to go?"
__________________________________________________________________________________

"A happy meal with a cheeseburger and coke please!" Daddy hands the cashier the money as I scramble to find a seat near the window, the view was spectacular.
"I can't believe you made us drive all the way out here to go to McDonalds. There is one down the road from where we live, Lacey." He shakes his head and smiles in disbelief.
"Yes but the one back home doesn't have a view of the ocean!"
"But you squealed nearly the whole way up the side of the mountain."
"I thought we were going to fall off the edge, daddy." I look up at him with sorry eyes, he shakes his head again and pats mine.
"Eat up kitten, it's getting late"
"Yes daddy." He pulls a seat out next to mine and sits, with his arm around my waist. "Daddy's not hungry?" I offer my half eaten burger in his face "want some of mine?"
"No thanks bub, chef has dinner ready for me when I get home" he pushes my hand back gently, reclining my offer.

The drive home was even longer than the way there, there was lots of holiday traffic, which resulted in almost an hour longer than it should have taken. We didn't talk much at all the whole trip back, I could tell daddy was frustrated and I didn't want to say anything just in case it triggered him and resulted in punishment. I wanted my first punishment to be at home, in his room. Which meant I had to get him angry in the mornings or at night, those were the only times he was ever in there and I wasn't a loud to be in there by myself- That was it!! I figured out what I'd do, id sneak in when he was in his office and violate rule number seven.
We arrived back home at about 10pm. "You go straight up to bed and I will be there in a few minutes to tuck you in." he calls from the car, I race up to my room and get into my pj's. I wear a blue and white striped onesie that covers my toes and tie my hair up in pigtails.
"You better be in bed." I hear daddy's grumpy voice as he climbs the stairs. "What a cutie." His voice softens as he sees me sitting up in bed, waiting for him.
"And I got dressed all by myself!" I pull back the covers to expose my cute blue pyjamas.
"Yes you did, you are such a good girl." He leans down and kisses my forehead. "I had a good day today princess, apart from the long trip"
"Yes I'm sorry daddy."
"Well it's in the past now princess. We will talk more in the morning." He pats my head, "daddy has to catch up on the work he was supposed to do today, so I will see you in the morning."
"But I don't feel tired."
"Don't talk back to me little girl, you need to do as you're told." He scolds "Daddy knows what's best for you, baby girl is too little to know when she's tired" he looks down at me as I whimper "Say yes daddy" he commands.
"Yes daddy."
"And sorry daddy"
"Sorry daddy."
"Good girl" he pats my head and pulls the covers up to my neck "Goodnight my little kitten." He gives me a peck and caresses my cheek.
"Goodnight daddy." I lay there silently once again and plot my dirty scheme. Daddy was right I am tired, I decide to execute my cunning plan this time tomorrow night and I fall asleep peacefully.