chapter 14

Willa's POV

The den was quiet, almost unnaturally so. The usual bustle of activity had dwindled down to a murmur, the tension so thick it felt like it could snap at any moment. every rustle of the wind outside, set my nerves on edge. Roxanne and hope had been gone for days, and with each passing hour, the anxiety in the pack grew

Even if the elders still rejected Roxanne calling her a defect the others still loved her and were just as worried about her than I was.

I stood by the window, staring out at the dense forest that surrounded us. The moon hung high in the sky, casting a silvery glow over the landscape. It should have been comforting, a reminder of our connection to the moonstone and the power it held, but instead, it only highlighted the emptiness I felt without Roxanne here.

Beside me, wynter shifted uneasily. "We should have heard from them by now," she said, her voice low and laced with worry.

"I know," I replied, my eyes never leaving the treeline. "But Roxanne is strong. She'll come back. They both will"

I heard footsteps at the entrance of the den and I turned to see wyatt entering, his face etched with concern. "Any news?" he asked, though we all knew the answer.

I shook my head. "Nothing yet."

sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't like this, Willa. Something feels off."

"She'll be back," I repeated, more to reassure myself than anyone else.

The hours dragged on, and the weight of uncertainty settled heavily over us. We had been through so much together, and the thought of losing Roxanne was unbearable.

As the night wore on, I found myself standing by the window once again, unable to shake the feeling of dread that had settled in my chest. I was lost in thought when a sudden movement caught my eye. I squinted into the darkness, trying to make out the figure approaching the den

"It's her," I breathed, my heart leaping in my chest. "Roxanne's back!"

The den erupted into activity as everyone rushed to the door. I pushed through the crowd, my heart pounding with a mix of relief and anxiety. Roxanne and hope stumbled through the doorway, looking exhausted but triumphant.

"Roxanne!" I exclaimed, rushing forward to embrace her. "You're back!"

She hugged me tightly, and I could feel the tension in her body slowly dissipating. "I'm back," she murmured, her voice filled with exhaustion and relief. "And I found it"

What..? I asked as she and hope moved revealing the moonstone

As I looked at it in complete awe wyatt stepped forward, his eyes fixed on the moonstone. "You did it," he said, his voice awed. "You found it."

Roxanne nodded, her grip on the moonstone tightening. "We did. But it wasn't easy."

I pulled back slightly, searching her face for any signs of injury. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Roxanne took a deep breath, and as she began to recount the events of her journey, the room fell silent. She spoke of the battle, the determination, and the fierce will to protect the moonstone and our legacy. Her words painted a vivid picture of the struggle she and her mother and Hope had faced, and the bravery they had shown.

When she finished, the room was quiet for a moment, the weight of her story sinking in. "You're incredible," I said, my voice filled with admiration. "We knew you could do it. Which is why you are now and forever be a part of the pack and our alpha"

No! She's deformed. She is not one of us! One of the elders said coming forward

Yes! Yes she is! She fulfilled the prophecy just as the prophecy has said she would despite the color of her hair. she is special. She has saved us all. So yes she will be part of our pack, our great alpha and my mate. I said as I looked at Roxanne

Roxanne smiled, though it was tinged with sadness.

"Thank you, Willa. But the fight isn't over. Whoever took the moonstone will come looking for it. We have to stay vigilant."

I nodded, understanding the gravity of her words. "We will. Together."

As the pack gathered around Roxanne, congratulating her and expressing their relief at her return, I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride and determination. We had faced so many challenges, and we had come out stronger each time. This was no different. We would protect the moonstone and our pack, no matter what.

The night wore on, and eventually, the pack began to disperse, leaving only a few of us in the main room. Roxanne sat by the moonstone

She had watched as we had all recharged our necklaces and she even helped the pups with theirs

"Roxanne," I said softly, breaking the silence. "There's something I need to tell you."

She looked up at me, her eyes reflecting the moonstone light. "What is it, Willa?"

I took a deep breath, steadying myself. "While you were gone, we received word from another pack. They heard about our search for the moonstone, and they want to form an alliance. They believe that by working together, we can better protect our territories and the moonstone's power."

Roxanne considered this for a moment, her expression thoughtful. "An alliance could be beneficial," she said slowly. "But we need to be careful. Trust isn't easily given."

"I agree," I said, nodding. "But I think it's worth considering. We're stronger when we stand together."

Roxanne's gaze shifted to the moonstone, its ethereal glow casting a soft light on her face. "You're right," she said finally. "We'll meet with them and see if this alliance is in our best interest. But we won't let our guard down."

I smiled, feeling a sense of hope for the first time in days. "Together, we can face anything."