three. rotor-arm

5:30 pm, august twenty-second - kenzie | hackett's quarry summer camp entrance

i now stood against the railing that out looked the woods, a gorgeous view in my opinion, as everyone else packed their bags into the car and waited on emma and abi. i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, a chin on my shoulder, paired with a sudden voice.

"you okay?" dylan spoke softly, joining me on staring out at the woods, the sun shining through the trees and casting a beautiful glow over the lodge.

"yeah. relishing in what time i have left here. y'know?" i hummed a response, leaning my head on his.

"i get that. aren't you ready to go home, though? go bully shrödinger?" dylan questioned. i simply nodded.

"yeah," i sighed as i heard the sound of an engine, as well as tires against rocks. dylan loosened his arms from me so we could both turn around and face the newcomers— emma and abi plus their bags.

"can i help with your bag?" jacob awkwardly asked his ex girlfriend. emma refused as dylan and i walked forward to join the group.

"i can get my own bag, thank you," emma refused. i noticed dylan elbow nick, prompting the austrailian to ask the same question.

"yeah, ah- uh-huh," abi awkwardly nodded, dropping her bag on the dusty loose concrete below our feet. nick nodded, grabbing her bag and putting in the trunk before slamming it closed.

"alrighty!" dylan excitedly clapped his hands together.

"wait, where's ryan?" kaitlyn asked, noticing ryan was nowhere to be found.

"probably off being all brooding and dark and emo somewhere," jake shrugged. i rolled my eyes at the description as ryan introduced himself, making jacob jump.

"i'm right here," ryan spoke up. i giggled as jacobs reaction.

"were you just... hanging out alone, by yourself?" kaitlyn asked. i turned to dylan and he simply just shrugged, resting his arm around my shoulders.

"listening to a podcast," ryan confirmed.

"a podcast?" dylan spoke up, "was it about me?"

"you think... i was listening to a podcast... about you?"

"let's be real, if anyone had a podcast about them, it'd be me," kaitlyn spoke up.

"yeah," dylan scoffed, "it's called how to look and smell like a butt."

"oh my god, dylan," i facepalmed, "i love you, but please grow the fuck up."

"uh, thank you," dylan nodded as kaitlyn rolled her eyes.

"no, it's actually interesting. this episode was about this place, actually," ryan spoke up. i raised my brows, now interested.

"a podcast episode about hackett's quarry?" i prompted, slightly leaning forward as i was getting ready for the story.

"it's about the hag of the hacketts quarry," ryan spoke, slightly nodding. Emma paused, her brows furrowing and her eyes slightly narrowing as she spoke.