𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓮 pt.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted to leave our old house, so many memories of my family, all gone.

After my dad passed away, well he was murdered brutally, right Infront of my eyes, we needed to move. I remember exactly of the memory of the day it happened.

"Happy birthday sweetheart", dad said picking me up in my arms. It was 1am on a school night, I was 6, and I should've been in bed by then. I really wished I was in bed. I begged my father to get me my favourite red velvet cupcakes from the grocery shop. Now the taste of red velvet makes me puke. Just as he was paying, a mob of gangsters dressed head to toe in black, with worn out ski-masks pulled out guns. I screamed holding onto my father, burying my face into his jacket. He tried to scramble me out of his arms, but I never let go. I wish it would've been me instead of him..

Before I could blink they pulled the trigger. My whole life paused, I was hiding behind the racks holding my breath, trying my best to not scream. The sight was brutal, my dear Father was lying on the ground, blood leaked out of his wound. All I could see was gory, something no child should ever see. His eyes were struggling to stay open, the last words he whispered to me "hide.." 

Tears were streaking down my face, I muffled my mouth against my grey bunny. "Daddy.." 

"go.." he rasped out, as he took his final breath, and closed his eyes slowly. 

I quietly crawled away, trying my hardest to not make a sound, and I stayed like that. For hours, until they found me. A few minutes later after my dad was murdered the thieves left the revolting scene, with bags of money in their hands. They also shot the innocent cashier as well, luckily he survived.

He called the police, and minutes later they arrived. I didn't move a single inch. My whole body was frozen in shock like a statue. When my mother was informed, she rushed out of her car and instantly hugged me holding me tight, her makeup was all ruined from the amount of tears. My older brother, Noah, was also crying. Both of them came sprinting to hug me in a warm hug as their saw me.