56 - What's a God Supposed to Do?

extract_8679_messagelog-hardcache203112

networkIdent:[ACCESS DENIED]

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – What the hell were you thinking? You tried to kill TORAN KNOX? Do you have any idea who is father is?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Of course I do. Smug bastard mentions it every second breath.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Then what-

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – They were about to trace the god damn shipments to your front door! What the hell was I supposed to do?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – There are always other options. Even if they traced the shipments they would have no grounds for entry. They're not even allowed their amplifiers anymore, let alone able to launch a bloody raid.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – You've been underestimating them all along. It was too big a risk.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – And Knox?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Didn't know you cared so much.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Answer the fucking question.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – He's fine, alright? His little friend pulled him out of the way before the feedback could do him any real damage.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Good. It's better that way. A dead body would have raised too many questions.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Well, you're welcome. And now the files are gone – there's nothing left for them to trace back to us.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Oh, you think it's that simple? I hope you've got a good story for the board when they come asking for our records. That's a lot of missing data to account for.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – We'll figure something out.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Let's hope so. Next time reign your bloody neck in and think before you act, understand?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – What's got you so scared?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Now who's underestimating? Conan Knox is trouble we don't need. You hurt his son and he'll rip the city apart to find out who's responsible. We're not ready for that – not yet.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Alright, alright. So now what?

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Just stay close to them. Keep us appraised of next steps, and for god's sake don't try to kill anyone else.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – I promise.

SenderID || [ACCESS DENIED] – Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

extract_terminated

*

"So that's all she's got to go on?" Toran asked as they walked. "Casimir?"

"That's what she told us. Could be a first name, could be a last name."

"Not a lot to work with."

"You've done more with less."

At least, Odiye thought, the brush with death had made Toran very willing to help them. Although he was doing his best to hide it, Odiye could tell that his partner had been badly rattled by the incident. He'd face down gangsters, murders and codewraiths with an amplifier in his hand, but you couldn't fight a piece of malicious kill code so easily.