Chapter XII - Big Red Giant

The next day after the Cadet Ranking, Morgan found herself standing atop Wall Rose, accompanied by her fellow cadets. Clear skies, crisp air, and a gentle breeze - today seemed like any normal day within the walls.

Nothing unusual, nothing out of the ordinary.

"Wait - Sasha - slow down..." Marco sighed, struggling to come to terms with what the girl had just done. "You stole food?"

"Mhm!" Sasha blushed, proudly showing the group her new prized possession.

Morgan, Eren, Mina, and Marco were speechless. It was not any cheap meat from the market, but rather top-quality meat, one that was fit for a king.

"Sasha..." Morgan chuckled, noticing the strong smell of meat wafting through the air. "Are... you sure this was a good idea?"

"Most definitely!" Sasha snapped back cheerfully. "We can use it to celebrate graduating from the cadets! I mean... we have been eating canteen food for almost 3 years now..."

"What's wrong with canteen food?" Eren remarked, preoccupied with trying to clean the inside of the wall canons.

Eren Jaeger. He was a boy with passion that many cadets looked up to. Despite Morgan never really talking to him, there was something about the boy  which Morgan looked up to.

"Canteen food is so... ugh!" Sasha shuddered, reminding herself of the stodgy food they gave the cadets.

"It wasn't THAT bad," Eren remarked. "Sasha, you're exaggerating..."

"You're right... it wasn't bad... it was DREADFUL!"

Morgan intervened, giggling. "I think the reason why Sasha disliked the food so much was because she always woke up so late for breakfast and had to eat the leftovers..."

The sharp hissing sound of ODM gear was heard, as someone was grappling up the wall. Khye Falkner emerged at the top, nestling a wooden crate within his arms.

"Khye!" Morgan beamed, running towards him.

As the silver-haired girl ran over to her friend, Sasha and Mina could not help but let out a small chuckle.

"Hey... Mina..." Sasha nudged, whispering into her ear. "Do you think that Morgan... y'know... has a thing for Khye?"

"Eh?" Mina raised an eyebrow. "You're only now realising? I thought it was like super obvious..."

"But she never really told us... and Morgan is quite open about this stuff usually..."

"Hmmm... that's true..." Mina mused, scratching her chin.

Across the wall, Khye dropped the huge crate on the floor and wiped the sweat away from his forehead. He ran his fingers through his brown hair, brushing it away from his eyes.