Chapter XV - Trost: The Titan Reaper

-Northern Zone 1 [08:32]-

"L-Lieutenant?" Mina stuttered

"L-Lieutenant?" Mina stuttered. "What're you doing-"

With a stern look, the Garrison girl placed her finger over the trigger. "All of you are to surrender your ODM gear at once."

Morgan, Khye, Mina, Jean and Mikasa froze up, fearfully staring towards Lieutenant Annika who pointed a shotgun towards them.

"W-Wait... just slow down..." Jean tried to intervene and keep the situation under control. "If you're looking for some criminals or something, we're not-"

Bang.

The Lieutenant fired a round just to the side of Jean's feet, immediately shutting him up. As the entire room fell to silence, the young cadets nervously glanced at each other through the corner of their eyes.

Morgan instinctively shuffled closer to Khye, as she nervously kept her eyes glued towards the black haired Garrison soldier. Silence was bestowed upon the room, as Morgan could almost hear her own heartbeat in her chest..

"Remove your ODM gear at once. NOW!" Lieutenant Annika shouted.

Two more Garrison soldiers ran into the room, but were unarmed.

"Hey!" Mina fearfully cried out to the Garrison soldiers. "The lieutenant just shot at us!"

But the two soldiers did not react. Instead, they stood beside her with a few coils of thick rope in their hands. Lieutenant Annika steadied her finger over the trigger, but this time, her weapon was aimed right at Mina.

Morgan, Khye, Mikasa, Jean and Mina began slowly unclipping their gear in silence. There was no way they would beat a shotgun with blades. Khye was the first to hand his gear over, as his reluctantly tossed the gear in front of the Garrison soldiers. Soon after, the rest followed. Mikasa tossed hers, then Mina, followed by Jean, and then Morgan placed hers on the floor. Now totally defenceless, all 5 cadets stepped back.

"Contact the buyer immediately," Lieutenant Annika firmly said to the soldier standing beside her. "Tell them we have retrieved 5 sets of gear."

"What about the cadets?" he asked his superior.

"Tie them up and gag their mouths. We can use them as bait if Titans start closing in on the Northern Zone. We'll use them to escape."

Without wasting another second, the two soldiers apprehended the cadets and started tying them up with the rope.

"Wait!!" Khye shouted angrily, struggling to resist. "We're on the same side, aren't we?!"

The lieutenant turned to face Khye one last time, before she walked out the room. "We just want to live. In a cruel world like this... there's only enough room for so many."