•°•▪︎|CHAPTER 10|▪︎•°•

"Amazing" Sara mumbled, trying to take in all the beauty that the Burj Khalifa had to offer. She fixed her rather elegant grey suit and entered together with her dad. The five of them changed before-head so they wouldn't raise suspicion. They all had sunglasses on their noses, to look - in Sara's opinion - more fancy than needed. While the others had to carry some bags with all their equipment in it, Sara was the only one with nothing in her hand except her Phone. On the way to the Room, Jane parted ways with the others, leaving Sara the only woman in the room.

Once they entered the suit, they all got immediately to work. They packed out everything they brought organising them. Also, all of them had already gotten an earpiece, so that they were able to communicate without problems. "ETA on dry cleaning?" asked Ethan Jane, who was in a section on the Hotel where only employees could be "On my way up" replied Jane simply.

A while later Brandt sets a timer on a phone "Okey, 34 minutes to door knock" while he was doing this Ethan and Sara were setting up the machine that would create their masks and Benji was typing on the laptop, at least until he realised that they had a problem. "Wow, uhm, -" he cleared his throat "Okey, this, thi-, this, is a slight wrinkle, but nothing- nothing to worry about. We're just going to have to go into the server room from the outside." he was clearly nervous. "What" responded the father. Daughter duo simultaneously. "Well, the firewalls -" he angrily pointed at the computer screen "- on this building's server are military grade. I mean, this would be a cinch if I could call Youssef back at headquarters and Sara would help me, but Youssef doesn't exist anymore, and neither do we. I could hack it, again with Sara's help, but it would take too long"

"Then Hardwire in" proposed Ethan, Sara, in the meantime, went behind Benji and analysed the screen for a second, then she responded before Benji could "That wouldn't work, there's four layers of next-gen security between us and the server room. There's no way we can get to it from inside. "If we can't get to the server, we don't control the elevators, we don't control the security cameras. This operation is over before it even begins." said Brandt pessimistically. "I'm telling you, we can get to it from outside." insisted Benji.

"We?" voiced Ethan, who was thinking deeply about the problem and looked Benji dead in the eye. "I'm- I'm on the computer." he answered with slight fear in his voice. His eyes then shifted to Brandt "I'm just... uhh, the helper" the same fear that Benji had could be heard in Brandt's voice too.

Lastly his eyes turned to Sara, who was rocking on her heels because of the excitement that she felt. But much to her disappointment he immediately shook his head no, as soon as he saw the look in her eyes. "No." "Wha-, oh come on dad please." "No" "Pretty please, you could use some help, like in the Kremlin -" "My answer remains no" seeing that her begging wasn't working she used her last resort: the puppy dog eyes and the switch in language.

"Papà, andiamo per favore, voglio aiutarti, così il rischio che ti succeda qualcosa diminuisca. E in più non me ne sto con le mani in mano. Lo sai quanto lo odio. Per di più con il mio ADHD lo sai quanto brutto può diventare l'ansia." ("Dad, come on please, I want to help you, so there is less of a risk of something happening to you. And what's more, I'm not twiddling with my thumbs. You know how much I hate it. Plus, with my ADHD you know how bad anxiety can get.") "Senti tesoro, lo so benissimo che tu vuoi aiutarti, credimi, ma in questa cosa è fin troppo pericolosa. Non permetterò che qualcosa di brutto ti capiti solo perché ho acconsentito." (Listen, honey, I know very well that you want to help me, believe me, but this thing is far too dangerous. I won't let something bad happen to you just because I agreed.")

As much as Sara wanted to help, she understood why her dad wouldn't let her participate. So, she just nodded her head in understanding and focused back on the problem at hand. Seeing Brandt and Benji look at her she shrugged "What? It was worth a shot" "I still don't understand what language that was, so I have no idea what you just said." "Oh, well let's just focus on the problem, we can discuss that later" she turned towards Benji again "What floor is it on?" "Uhhhh, 130." incredulous Ethan repeated "130?" and moved to the big windows and analyzed them, Sara just paced in front of Benji with her arm crossed and a thinking face, while Brandt just sat nearby.