3 - Twisted reality

Leo stumbled and fell. His body crashed painfully to the floor. For a brief moment he felt weightless. Groaning, he rubbed his side as he stood up again.

"Leo? Are you OK?" his mother's concerned voice came closer to him.

"Don't worry," Leondre replied. Growling, he rubbed his head.

Now it was just the three of them again. Tillie, his mother and Leondre. Did he feel fine? Should he maybe get tested for schizophrenia? Just to be the safe.

He just tried to carry on as normal. After all, the two of them shouldn't worry about him. It would definitely frighten them to find out what was going on. After all, it frightened him too.

Leo grabbed his things as quickly as he could and retreated to his room. Not unusual for him.
Relieved to finally have some peace and quiet, he sat down at his desk. He spent quite a while looking for a reference picture on his cell phone. Most of the time he liked to calm himself down by doing something creative. Like drawing or writing texts. But somehow he couldn't get inspired by anything. So he got lost in Reddit threads about time travel.

Maybe it was because he thought he might have taken a trip into the future. But that wouldn't explain why he was still going to school. Unless he failed a year or it was the immediate future that was like just a few weeks in the future.

Nothing that had happened made any sense.

When there was a knock on his door, he decided to just let it go. Maybe it had all just been a dream that his brain had misinterpreted and now believed to be reality. That was his final decision. A trick of his brain.

Leondre turned to the door.

"Come in," he grumbled.

His sister and mother stuck their heads in.

"Come into the kitchen Leo, we haven't had a proper party yet. You've been holed up here for two weeks," his mother asked.

Why not? After all, he had strangely repressed everything bad that was going to happen to him today. So he could at least enjoy his day a little. His mother had probably baked a cake or at least bought it from the freezer. Which was probably more likely, because after all, a cake lasts longer when frozen.

He stood up and ran out the door.

The first chapters of this fanfiction were written four years ago, so I apologize for my old writing style and from now on you can enjoy real quality.