7 - Her

As soon as the two of them were through the door, someone pressed the typical red plastic cups into their hands. There was nothing but beer in them. Leo had already drunk beer a few times, but he didn't tend to make a big deal about it.

What he was most afraid of was that he knew they would grab him and bully him with it.

In his head he imagined them holding him down and forcing him to drink a whole bottle of high-proof alcohol in one go.

But not too many people were paying attention to him at this party. Charlie put his arm around Leo's shoulders in a friendly way and guided him through the chaos.

Some hardcore techno crap was blaring far too loudly from the speakers in the living room. Leondre wished he was back in Charlie's car.

Suddenly another arm was around his shoulders.

He looked around, confused. A brown-haired guy with an eyebrow piercing and tattoos on his neck looked at him brightly with his green eyes.

"Hey yo Chris how's it going?" Charlie greeted him.

But Leo was suddenly jolted out of his senses. Between a horde of teenagers of different ages stood a girl who radiated like pure happiness itself.

Her beautiful hair shone expressively. Her eyes spoke volumes. And that smile.

In a brief moment of silence, you suddenly turn around and your eyes meet. He doesn't know it, but you too are enchanted by the good-looking guy with the dyed blond hair and dark coffee-colored eyes.

But you quickly look away again, because if you stare at him for too long it will be embarrassing.

Up until now you didn't believe in love at first sight, but now you're not quite sure anymore.
Because your heart is pounding unstoppably.

"You better watch out, I heard the guy is a real player," warns one of the surrounding teens, who must have noticed your glances in his direction.

"Well, what do you think?" Charlie interrupted his ravings.

"Yeah, I think it's great." Leo replied, without the faintest idea what he had just agreed to. It wasn't his body or his life anyway.

Maybe those weren't his feelings either. Was the girl on the other side too? What if Charlie was on the other side too?

"Come on now, you bum, you can get the number right away too," Chris demanded, more than just impatient.

As they went outside, Leondre discovered the other two's plan. Chris had pulled a joint out of his pocket the second they walked through the door. His eyes went wide, because he didn't really want to do that. And besides, he had heard that weed and alcohol weren't a good combination. Just so as not to embarrass Charlie, he took the joint when Chris handed it to him after a deep drag. His body was used to it. He didn't have to cough and the effect was minimal. When he looked over at Charlie, he nodded in agreement. He smiled. It was a genuine smile that made him feel like Charlie was beginning to accept him.