6 - A big day

He took a deep breath nervously. Would he just let it happen? Leo looked at the clock. It was 5:45 p.m. He had filled his desk with drawings, his texts and all sorts of things, as a distraction.

Leondre would know about the party and find it strange that he wanted to switch at that exact time. Or maybe stop him from doing so. He could just switch back immediately. After all, they hadn't tried to see how that would manifest itself.

He took a deep breath excitedly. When he realized that this wasn't helping him, he decided to write. It was a short text in which he desperately tried to shake off his worries.

And suddenly, quite unexpectedly, he landed back in the tunnel. He felt dizzy again. Everything rushed past him at an immense speed.

He had difficulty staying on his feet after landing. But this time he managed it.

He looked around, confused. Leo was more than sure that he hadn't initiated the switch. Charlie smiled at him.

"Before we go to the party I have to tell you a few things," he began. "You're Leondre Devries. Your favorite band is Bring me the Horizon, even though you're not really into metal. You like playing League of Legends, but only occasionally. Your first girlfriend was Charlotte and your current ex is this one." He held out a photo to him and didn't give him half a minute to remember the face. "Oh, and just to remind you, I'm Charlie, Leondre's best friend," he said, much too friendly.

Did he deliberately say 'Leondre's' best friend? It didn't matter anyway, because they didn't know each other. Leo didn't know Charlie any more than he knew him, he had only just found out his name.

"Why did he switch? If he knew about the party, he certainly wouldn't have let me drive voluntarily," I asked the guy.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't even tell him about it. He had plans over there of his own and is busy long enough."

I frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"Don't worry, you'll see when the time comes." the other man reassured him, which didn't help much.

"Well then," Chatlie said.

He stood up, opened the front door for Leo and motioned for him to get into a black BMW.

They drove through the neighborhood in silence for a while, listening to the loud trap music from the speakers. The unmissable subwoofer in the trunk did its absolute best. Somehow he liked the music and the heavy bass. It was soothing.

Not too suddenly but still surprisingly, Charlie suddenly stopped. He parked the car on the side of the road.

"One more thing, if you embarrass me, you're dead." he hissed at Leondre before he opened the driver's side door and got out.