Aurelia Begins 3

Present day

Aurelia stood outside the quaint cafe, watching her mother Miriam nervously scanning the surroundings. Her heart was heavy with unresolved emotions, but a part of her needed closure. Taking a deep breath, Aurelia approached Miriam with a sense of determination.

"You wanted to talk, so talk," Aurelia stated firmly, her voice tinged with a mixture of hurt and frustration.

Miriam turned to face her daughter, her eyes filled with regret and sorrow. "Aurelia, I'm so sorry," she began, her voice trembling. "I know I've let you down. I've let Penelope down..."

Aurelia listened silently, her arms crossed tightly against her chest.

"I thought I could handle it," Miriam continued, her words coming out in a rush. "I thought I could manage everything on my own, but I was wrong. I know I've hurt you but I need you to know that I'm trying to get help. I'm in therapy now, and I'm taking steps..."

"That's great, I'm proud of you for getting better," Aurelia began, her voice steady but tinged with sadness. "But I can't bring myself to forgive you. After everything that you've done..." Her voice caught briefly, emotions rising to the surface. "I'm sorry, but I can't forgive you."

Miriam's eyes filled with tears, her heart breaking at her daughter's words. She opened her mouth to speak, but Aurelia held up a hand, gently cutting her off.

"But," Aurelia continued, her voice softer now but resolute, "I'm ready to move on with my life. And I think it's best if we don't see each other again."

Miriam's breath caught in her throat, the pain of realization washing over her. She nodded slowly, her voice barely a whisper. "I understand."

Aurelia took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Goodbye, Mom," she said finally, her voice cracking with the weight of their final farewell.

Miriam reached out tentatively, as if wanting to embrace her daughter one last time, but Aurelia stepped back, her eyes filled with a mixture of sorrow and determination. Without another word, Aurelia turned and walked away, leaving Miriam standing there, heartbroken and alone.

As Aurelia walked down the street, tears streamed down her cheeks, a bittersweet mixture of grief and relief washing over her. 

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Aurelia and Bobby pulled up in front of Buck's apartment, finding him waiting as planned. Buck climbed into the backseat of the car, a mix of curiosity and apprehension evident in his expression.

"Hey, um... where are you guys taking me?" Buck asked, glancing between Aurelia and Bobby.

"We're gonna go meet someone," Aurelia replied, her eyes focused on the road ahead, her tone giving away nothing more.

"Who?" Buck pressed, curiosity piqued.

"You'll see," Bobby chimed in from the passenger seat, offering a reassuring smile to Buck before turning to look out the window.

The car moved smoothly through the city streets, the tension palpable yet unspoken among them. Buck fidgeted nervously in his seat, his mind racing with questions about who they were going to meet and what this encounter would mean for him.

The car came to a stop, and as Bobby and Aurelia stepped out with flowers in hand, Buck's confusion grew palpable. He followed suit, glancing around with uncertainty. "Uh, guys. Why are we at a graveyard?" he asked tentatively, his brow furrowing in concern.

Aurelia took a deep breath, her gaze steady yet tinged with emotion. "Because," she began softly, her voice carrying a weight of significance, "you're going to meet my daughter."