Under Pressure

"I got another DXA scan, and guess who dropped another half percent," Buck exclaimed, as he walked into the firehouse.

"God, not this again," Aurelia muttered as she followed behind him. She had gone to work with Buck, and unfortunately for her, she had to listen to him talk about the DXA scan the entire ride.

"What?" Hen asked

"A DXA scan measures your body fat. You can see your percentage in every part of your body," Buck explained enthusiastically as he showed her his phone.

"Oh, yeah? They measure the fat in your head?" Chimney quipped as he walked over to the group. Aurelia laughed and high-fived him. "That was good," she said with a grin. "I know," Chimney replied, pleased with himself.

"Ah, see, that would be funny, but we're about a week away from submissions being due for the Hot Days, Smoldering Nights: Men of the LAFD wall calendar, and I'm already at my goal weight, so it seems like my is clearly working perfectly." Buck smiled proudly.

"Someone shut him up, please. I had to listen to him talk about this the whole ride here," Aurelia whined, glancing at Hen and Chimney.

"Do you really need to use that whole title? You could say the idiotic, reductive, sexist calendar that insults the dignity of this organization and further perpetuates the myth that all firefighters are male," Hen said.

"Preach it," Aurelia said, high-fiving Hen in agreement.

"Yeah, that's not any less words." Buck grimaced, shaking his head.

"Girls, come on, it's for charity." Bobby smiled at the two.

"No. Bobby, you, too?" Hen turned to him in disbelief.

"Well, why not? They say a man is at his sexiest when he reaches 50," Bobby shrugged.

"Is that what they say? That's what they say?" Hen asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Aurelia.

"Okay, first of all, ew. Secondly, who even says that?" Aurelia said, her face scrunched up in disgust.

"Okay, you're both wrong. All right? You see, I think sorority houses all across this great nation are ready for a new Asian sex symbol. It's our time." Chim chimed in as Aurelia and Hen shared a look of disbelief.

"I think it's great. You know? I like that you're both going up for it." Buck smiled at the two.

"Oh, because you don't think we have chance." Bobby turned to Buck.

"Woah, did I say that?" Buck looked at Aurelia.

"No, no, no. Leave me out of whatever this is," she said, gesturing her hands towards Buck and Bobby.

Buck rolled his eyes at her before continuing, "I mean, sure, let's be real. They are only picking on candidate from each station."

"Okay, that is a beautiful man," Chimney said, pointing to the man who was putting his shirt on in the locker room.

"Where's the lie? And I like girls," Hen said, glancing over to where Chimney was pointing.

"Holy shit," Aurelia exclaimed, her jaw dropping in surprise.

"Who the hell is that?" Buck asked, turning to Bobby with a hint of distaste in his voice.

"It's Eddie Diaz. New recruit. Graduated top of his class just this week. Guys over at Station Six were dying to have him, but I convinced him to join us." Bobby said, looking at Buck amused.

"What do we need him for? Um..." Buck frowned as the four of them laughed.

"Buck, jealousy is not a good look on you," Aurelia said, her laughter subsiding.