12

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ CHAPTER TWELVE ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌DRAMA CLUB❛ do i offend you? you're hanging on my sentences ❜

- ̥۪͙۪˚ CHAPTER TWELVE ˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
DRAMA CLUB
❛ do i offend you?
you're hanging on my sentences ❜

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ CHAPTER TWELVE ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌DRAMA CLUB❛ do i offend you? you're hanging on my sentences ❜

AEMOND.

Years ago . . .

"Remember, she is to be your wife if Lord Stark agrees to it. Do not be the reason we have one less ally," my mother whispered in my ear– all I could do was clench my utensils.

"I'm sorry." All she could do was smile before she continued playing with her food. I wondered if Eudora knew that her position in the table was no coincidence, a strategic move to secure loyalty and trust between us and the Starks. I wondered if Eudora knew anything about what was going on behind the closed curtains, or if she was entirely unaware of it all.

The night continued as expected, my sister and brother taking their first dance in the center. As I looked over at Eudora, I knew what I had to do next. I stood up, extending my hand towards the Stark whilst she gave me a rather disgusted look. "You're making a fool out of yourself," she mumbled.

"And you'll make one out of yourself as well unless you take the offer." She hesitated before finally placing her hand in mine, allowing me to guide her towards the center of the hall where everyone danced. I looked towards my mother and grandfather, an approving smile on both of their faces– it was as if I read their mind.

"I've never seen someone so desperate to please Alicent Hightower," Eudora jested as our feet moved around the floor. "Such pity."

"If it is my duty for the kingdom–"

"Sure it is your duty." Eudora's voice always made my eyes twitch, one way or another. "This would've been more enjoyable had Jace and Luke joined."

I only scoffed at her words. "You find being around Jace and Luke more pleasurable? What makes them so much better than what we are providing you? You barely know them."

"Compared to the one-eyed child I'm with as of now, they've been more accommodating than you'll ever be."

"Eudora, face the fact on the table right now. You'll never see them again."

"How sure are you that I won't steal a horse and run away?"

"Enough," I stopped her, Eudora's glare was already piercing into my eyes. "Let's just get through this night. No banter, no quarrels, just utter silence."

She only rolled her eyes at me before purposely stepping on my shoe. "I'll be excusing myself, but thank you for the kind offer."

With a quick curtsey, she left. How am I supposed to win the Starks' approval when talking to their daughter is like trying to tame a dragon?

-

When the festivities came to an end, my mother asked me to follow her to her chambers. Maybe it was to give me a scolding for letting Eudora get away, or maybe it was because I at least held a small conversation with the girl. For whatever reason, it has to be worthwhile. Once we got into her room, however, my mother brought out a small box. Inside were dozens– if not hundreds of letters.

Either addressed to Eudora or addressed to Jace.

"If you do not understand our position before, then you do now," my mother told me, laying the box on her bed and allowing me to read through them. "Aemond, we have secured your sister and Aegon. But your father will pass soon, that is inevitable– and we don't know what her next move might be. However she'll approach this situation, it is apparent that she'll possibly propose that her son Jacaerys should be wed to Eudora. We cannot let this happen, Aemond."

"You've been keeping these letters from her?"

My mother began to pace around the room. "Has she talked about them?"

"Helaena mentioned so, she said that the Stark feels isolated–"

"Helaena knows?" my mother asked, biting into her finger nails. "I'll have to question your sister–"

"But I'll do whatever I must to secure House Stark on our side," I interrupted. I knew it was rude, but I had to stop her worries. "Whatever means necessary to have Lord Stark's approval for marriage, even if it means I'll continue to hide the letters from Eudora."

This earned me a soft smile, my mother placing her hand on my shoulder. "My sweet, brave boy, always coming in to the rescue."

I was never one to care for the Stark's feelings, but I knew deep down that these stolen letters were breaking her bit by bit. It wasn't to hurt her, though. Only to steer her in the right direction. Rhaenyra's family is up to no good, it is rather clear to see. But what's keeping her from separating herself from them is Jace, Jace and all his letters. And if that is the only thing keeping them together, it will be the only thing that will bring them apart.

Dear Jace,
I apologize for the messy handwriting, it is late and that Aemond Targaryen is the most annoying boy to ever exist. Can't you believe he made me dance with him tonight just to please his mother? It feels as if I'm just a political piece in their chessboard with your mother. If there is another world where we could be just two normal individuals, I'd prefer it very much. Please take me away from here, off to Dragonstone– or maybe across the Narrow Sea. Just you and me. Anything to leave these people I stay with.

Eudora Stark

(( 🫖 ))