Vandalize - 14

Vandalize - Chapter Fourteen

     The day dragged on forever. Summer and I had already gotten everything we needed and everything was strategically planned out. I just hoped Oliver could pull in clutch. 

      Oliver seemed extra nervy at school today, and I began to wonder if bringing him along was a bad idea. I pushed it to the back of my mind and told myself over and over again everything was going to be fine.

     As I walked out of the locker room, I gave Oliver a look that I hoped he would take as a friendly gesture and not a threat. I saw him tense up a bit before giving me a tiny nod that would be hard to notice if you weren't looking for it.

     I walked to my car and prayed that tonight would go smoothly. 

----------

     By the time the clock struck eleven, I was changed and ready to go. Summer had agreed to pick me up at 11:15 so my parents wouldn't see a missing car. I double checked that I had everything I needed once again before tiptoeing down the stairs. 

     It was silent in the living room. It felt eerie and horror movie like. It felt like miles before I finally reached the door and opened it as slowly and quietly as humanly possible. I slid out of the door and locked it with my key. 

     I had left my window cracked as a "just-in-case" if the front door wasn't assessable when I got back. I ran across the lawn and walked just a little down the street where Summer and I had agreed to rendezvous. I noticed the white jeep that I knew as Summer's mom's car and walked up to it.

     I quietly tapped the window and heard the click of the car unlocking. I got inside and looked at Summer who was wearing full black with her hair pulled into a messy bun. 

     "You got the stuff?"

     I was going to make a joke about being a drug dealer, but then I decided against it. Now probably wasn't the time to crack jokes. I just settled on nodding.

     "We have to get there before Oliver does so I can get set up in the security office and unlock the doors so you can go let him in."

     "I told him twelve am sharp."

     "Well let's just hope he listened."

     Summer and I sat in silence the rest of the drive and I could tell both of us were anxious. If we got caught sneaking into school we were sure to get suspended. Hell even expelled! I just hoped that we would be in and out of there quickly.

     When we got to the school, Summer parked a bit down the street so she would only have to delete the footage of us walking in and not the footage of a car sitting in the parking lot for as long as we were in there. I had told Oliver to do the same. We walked quietly to the front door of the building and Summer pulled out a set of keys.

     She tried a few of them before one went in and I heard a quiet click. 

     "How did you get those?" I whispered.

     "Snatched them off my dad's desk."

     We walked through the doors and entered the school. It was quiet and eerie. The halls were empty, quiet, and dark. I pulled two flashlights from my backpack and handed one to Summer. She handed me a walkie talkie.