Rat

"You just have to lay low here for a week max,"
"Kelly and Dorn lives a little way down."
"they work for ammo they are the only people you can trust right now."
Rita said as we approach a house overlooking a very huge beautiful lake.

"Do you have any idea where I will be heading next?"
I asked as I pull my luggage along with me.

"No."
Rita said as she opened the door to the house, it was even more beautiful inside

"This is Kelly phone number, if you need anything or feel unsafe at any time don't hesitate to call,"She said handing me a piece of paper

She said handing me a piece of paper.

"Just average how long will this Kelly take to be at my house saying a few off Dante guys decides to show up unannounced?"
I asked looking at Rita.

"3 minutes tops."
She said rolling her eyes.

"Well I will sure be dead in 2 minutes
Or even 30 seconds because I'm unarmed."
"I'm basically a sitting duck here."

"I can't give you a gun Abigail.
It's..."

"Against the rules blah blah blah."
I said getting up walking to the window looking out, the sun was already about to set.

"So are you dating Lockwood guy or something?"
I asked taking her by surprise.

"Adam is my fiancé, why are you asking?"
She said almost with curious and offended look on her face.

"I just find it strange that you gave me a heads up yesterday."
"are you suspicious that you're fiancée is working with someone that maybe has a link to Dante?"

"Are you accusing my fiancé of working with that criminal ex of yours?"
She asked getting very offended by my comment,
I admit I probably shouldn't have said that but something about that Lockwood guy is not right.

"I just find you are very uneasy around him and he seems very controlling and hovering towards you."
I said raising my shoulders.

"And you know that by just meeting him for 10 minutes?"
"Adam and I tell each other everything."
"And you know what he told me?"
She said taking a step towards me.

"What?"
I said standing my ground.

"He said that it was Armando Aretas who rat you out the Dante."
She said instantly making me speechless.

"And the reason Adam acts the way he does is probably he doesn't trust you because you're Dante's Garcia ex and don't feel comfortable that I'm helping you."
"And by the way it was Adam idea to move you here to this safe house."
She said taking a deep breath before grabbing her purse, I guess she had enough off me.