☾ Chapter 004 ☽

The Earth King and Princess Rosabella

Rosabella's POV
I heard a bunch of crashes outside and then a loud bang in the chamber my father was in. I sigh and walk closer to the room, hearing a few words. 

"...If you're on my side then drop your weapons and stand down." my father demanded. I heard several weapons drop to the floor.

"See, we're friends, your earthiness." A recognizable voice said. Aang. I heard the Dai Li earthbend their gloves of rock at the intruders, who I have reason to believe are Sokka and his friends. 

"Detain the assailants." Long Feng orders. I gasp and quickly hurry in. 

"What is going on?" I ask, my eyes widening as I see Sokka with his hands held behind his back by the rock gloves belonging to the Dai Li. The Dai Li move behind the gang.

"But we dropped our weapons." Sokka claimed, "We're your allies!" I look over at my father and Long Feng. 

Long Feng takes notice of my presence. He quietly and quickly looks from me to Sokka then back at me and speaks up. "Princess the area is not safe. I'll have guards escort you back to your quarters." Two Dai Li approached me and I backed away with a frown, shaking my head. Father raises his hands to stop them. 

"Make sure the Avatar and his friends never see daylight again." Long Feng ordered then pointed at Sokka. "Especially him for kidnapping the princess." 

"What? I never kidnapped her!" Sokka argued. I bit my lip, remembering I had only told Azalea about Sokka sneaking me out of the palace. I rush over to my father's throne, where he and Long Feng stand. 

"Stop! Sokka didn't kidnap me." I grab my father's arm. "Please don't let Long Feng do this, Father." I begged, but he shrugged me off. "The Avatar is here, we should hear him out."  

This caught my father's attention. "The Avatar?" he asked Sokka. "You're the Avatar?"

"Uh, no, him." Sokka said, nodding his head towards Aang. Who bended the cuffs apart temporarily and waved to us with a smile. 

"Over here." he said, causing me to giggle at Aang's antics as the boy let his hands go behind his back again. 

"What does it matter, Your Highnesses?" Long Feng asks us, "They're enemies of the state." 

I glance over at Sokka who shakes his head in protest. "What were their crimes?" I ask bluntly. 

"I beg your pardon?" Long Feng asks me. 

"What were their crimes?" I repeat, glaring at my father's royal advisor, approaching the man. 

He leaned down to make eye contact with me. "Princesses should be seen and not heard." He whispered harshly. I let out a 'hmph' and turn around quickly, making sure my long auburn hair whips him in the face. I walk over to my father again. 

"Perhaps you're right." My father begins to agree with Long Feng. I gasp and turn to my father. 

"What?!" I practically scream. Basco then walks over to Aang and sniffs him before giving the boy a lick. 

"Though Basco seems to like him." My father smiles. I laugh and walk down the stairs slowly. "I'll hear what he has to say." My father decides. I smile brightly, facing my father. He nods and I run over, hugging Sokka. 

"Are you okay?" I whisper. 

"Fine," I pull back at his words. "I'd hug you back but I'm a bit tied up at the moment." He smiled, causing me to laugh with butterflies in my stomach. I stay by Sokka as Aang steps forward.