Chapter 4: Coming Out

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over Kel's room. He lay there, still entwined with Sans, a peaceful smile on his face. The previous night had been a whirlwind of emotions and sensations, but now, in the quiet of the morning, everything felt right.

As Kel stirred, Sans opened his eyes—though the sockets were empty, they seemed to hold a world of understanding and affection. "morning, kel," he greeted softly, his voice still husky from sleep.

"Morning, Sans," Kel replied, leaning in to kiss Sans gently. "Last night was amazing."

"yeah, it was," Sans agreed, his grin widening. "but now we've got a new day ahead of us. what's the plan?"

Kel hesitated, a thought that had been nagging at the back of his mind coming to the forefront. "I think... I think it's time we tell my friends about us. I don't want to hide our relationship."

Sans nodded, his expression supportive. "sounds like a good idea. they deserve to know, and you deserve to be open about who you love."

With a newfound determination, Kel got up and began getting ready for the day. He sent a group text to his friends—Aubrey, Hero, and Basil—asking them to meet him at the park. He didn't give too many details, just that it was important and he wanted everyone to be there.

A few hours later, Kel and Sans arrived at the park. Kel's friends were already waiting by the swings, their faces curious and slightly concerned.

"Hey, Kel!" Aubrey called out, waving him over. "What's this all about?"

"Yeah, you sounded pretty serious in your text," Hero added, a note of worry in his voice.

Kel took a deep breath, glancing at Sans for reassurance. Sans gave him a nod and an encouraging grin. "I have something important to tell you guys," Kel began, his voice steady despite the nervous fluttering in his stomach. "It's about me and Sans."

The three friends exchanged puzzled looks. "What about you and Sans?" Basil asked, his curiosity evident.

Kel reached out, taking Sans's hand in his. "Sans and I... we're together. We're in a relationship."

Aubrey's eyes widened in surprise, while Hero's face broke into a warm smile. Basil looked thoughtful for a moment before a grin spread across his face.

"Wow, Kel, that's... unexpected," Aubrey said, her tone a mix of shock and happiness. "But if you're happy, then I'm happy for you."

Hero stepped forward, giving Kel a reassuring pat on the back. "Congratulations, Kel. It's great to see you so happy."

Basil nodded, his eyes shining with genuine happiness. "Yeah, Kel. This is wonderful news. You both deserve to be happy."

Kel felt a wave of relief wash over him. He had been worried about their reactions, but seeing his friends so supportive made his heart swell with gratitude. "Thanks, guys. It means a lot to me that you're all okay with this."

Sans gave a small nod, his grin never faltering. "thanks for being so understanding, everyone. kel means the world to me, and i'm glad he's got friends like you."

Aubrey stepped closer, looking at Sans with a curious expression. "So, Sans, what's it like dating a skeleton? I mean, no offense, but it's not exactly... normal."

Sans chuckled, his deep, rumbling laugh easing the tension. "it's different, that's for sure. but it's the feelings that matter, not the looks. and kel's got a heart of gold."

Hero nodded in agreement. "That's true. Kel's always been the kindest person I know."

Kel blushed at the compliments, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the outpouring of support. "Thanks, guys. Really."

The rest of the day was spent hanging out in the park, the group enjoying each other's company. The initial shock had worn off, replaced by an easy acceptance of Kel and Sans's relationship. They talked, laughed, and shared stories, the bond between them stronger than ever.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the park, Kel felt a sense of contentment. He looked at his friends, grateful for their acceptance and support. And when he looked at Sans, he knew that they had a future full of love and adventures ahead of them.

Kel squeezed Sans's hand, feeling the warmth of his affection. "Thanks for being here with me, Sans. I couldn't have done this without you."

"always, kel," Sans replied, his voice filled with love. "we're in this together."

With his friends by his side and Sans's unwavering support, Kel knew that he could face anything. The journey ahead might have its challenges, but together, they could overcome anything. And that knowledge filled him with a sense of hope and happiness that he had never known before.