Chapter 6: Brotherly Bonds

The next morning, Kel awoke with a renewed sense of excitement. His trip to the Underground had been an eye-opening experience, revealing the depth and wonder of Sans's world. But there was still one more important introduction to be made—meeting Sans's brother, Papyrus.

After a quick breakfast, Kel and Sans prepared for their journey back to the Underground. As they stepped outside, the early morning sun cast long shadows across the quiet streets of Faraway Town. Kel's heart raced with anticipation.

"so, you ready to meet my bro?" Sans asked, a playful glint in his eyes.

Kel nodded, a nervous smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, I'm ready. I've heard so much about him."

Sans chuckled, his grin widening. "papyrus is... something else. but you'll love him. and he's going to be excited to meet you."

With a familiar blue glow, Sans transported them back to the Underground. The vibrant, glowing caverns welcomed them once more as they made their way toward Snowdin, the village where Sans and Papyrus lived.

Snowdin was a quaint, charming village, blanketed in a soft layer of snow. The air was crisp and cold, but Kel found the place inviting. They walked through the village, greeting familiar faces until they reached a small house with a bright blue roof.

"this is it," Sans said, opening the door and ushering Kel inside.

The interior was warm and cozy, filled with eclectic decorations and the smell of something delicious wafting from the kitchen. As they stepped into the living room, a tall, lanky skeleton with a bright red scarf and an enthusiastic demeanor burst into the room.

"NYEH HEH HEH! SANS! YOU'RE BACK!" Papyrus exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. He then noticed Kel and his eyes—empty sockets though they were—widened with curiosity. "AND YOU MUST BE KEL! THE HUMAN SANS HAS BEEN TELLING ME ABOUT!"

Kel smiled, feeling Papyrus's infectious energy. "Hi, Papyrus! It's really great to finally meet you."

Papyrus's grin was wide and genuine. "WELCOME, HUMAN! ANY FRIEND OF SANS IS A FRIEND OF MINE! AND ANYONE WHO LOVES SPAGHETTI IS A FRIEND FOR LIFE!"

Sans chuckled, giving his brother a playful nudge. "calm down, bro. we just got here."

Papyrus laughed, a joyful sound that filled the room. "OF COURSE, SANS! BUT I CAN'T HELP BEING EXCITED! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!"

The three of them sat down, and Papyrus immediately launched into a series of enthusiastic inquiries about Kel's life, his interests, and his relationship with Sans. Kel answered each question with a smile, charmed by Papyrus's earnestness.

As the afternoon wore on, they moved to the kitchen, where Papyrus insisted on cooking a grand feast. Despite Sans's playful teasing about his brother's cooking skills, the meal turned out surprisingly delicious, filling the house with warmth and laughter.

After dinner, they gathered in the living room once more. Papyrus's initial excitement had settled into a warm, brotherly affection. He looked at Kel with a mix of curiosity and admiration. "I CAN SEE WHY SANS LIKES YOU SO MUCH, KEL. YOU'RE KIND AND GENUINE."

Kel felt a surge of gratitude. "Thanks, Papyrus. It means a lot to hear you say that. Sans is really special to me, and I'm glad I got to meet you."

Papyrus beamed, his grin stretching from ear to ear. "AND I AM GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU TOO, KEL! ANYONE WHO MAKES SANS HAPPY IS WELCOME IN OUR HOME."

Sans, who had been leaning against the wall with his trademark grin, stepped forward and put an arm around Kel. "see, kel? i told you he'd love you."

Kel laughed, leaning into Sans's embrace. "You were right. Your brother's amazing."

Papyrus stood up, clapping his hands together. "THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION! I SHALL PREPARE A SPECIAL DESSERT!"

As Papyrus busied himself in the kitchen, Sans and Kel sat together on the couch, their hands intertwined. Kel felt a deep sense of contentment. Meeting Papyrus had been a joyful experience, and seeing the bond between the brothers only strengthened his love for Sans.

When Papyrus returned with a tray of steaming, freshly baked cookies, they all settled down to enjoy the treat. The evening was filled with stories, laughter, and a growing sense of family. Kel felt like he had truly become a part of their world, embraced by the warmth of their hospitality and the strength of their bond.

As the night drew to a close, Papyrus walked them to the door, his enthusiasm undiminished. "YOU MUST COME BACK SOON, KEL! THERE ARE SO MANY MORE THINGS I WANT TO SHOW YOU!"

Kel smiled, giving Papyrus a heartfelt hug. "I'd love that, Papyrus. I can't wait to spend more time with you."

Sans grinned, watching the exchange with a mixture of pride and affection. "thanks, bro. we'll definitely be back."

With a final wave, Sans and Kel stepped outside into the crisp night air. As they walked through Snowdin, the stars twinkling overhead, Kel felt a profound sense of happiness. He had found love and acceptance in the most unexpected of places, and he knew that the future held endless possibilities.

"Sans," Kel said softly, looking up at his partner, "thank you for today. Your brother is incredible."

Sans squeezed Kel's hand, his grin softening. "he's one of a kind. and so are you, kel. i'm glad you're a part of our lives."

Together, they made their way back to the surface, their hearts full and their bond stronger than ever. With each step, Kel felt the promise of new adventures and the certainty that, with Sans by his side, anything was possible.