Episode 2

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Hopelessly Yours story by Yosh

Anything to the side in bold is narration.

Anything to the side with a "character's name:" are inner thoughts.

Anything in bold italics and regular italics are stage directions.

Lines are numbered for the reader to keep track.

Anything () is extra information.

Episode 2:

February 17th 2024. It is a Saturday.

It is the weekend and as Sotsona is in a deep slumber, her alarm goes off again.

She gets out of bed and turns her phone off.

Line 1) Sotsona's inner thoughts: Time to go to work again, even though it's the weekend.

Sotsona rubs her temples.

Line 2) Sotsona's inner thoughts: I'm so tired though. Why did I agree to do a shift on the weekend?

Line 3) Sotsona's inner thoughts: I already have 12 hour shifts on a daily basis.

Line 4) Sotsona's inner thoughts: Time to slave away for 8 more hours.

Sotsona gets ready for work and heads downstairs.

She eats breakfast in silence and zones out frequently from being so tired.

She heads out to work and gets on the bus as usual.

She takes out her phone and earbuds to play some music.

Sotsona's narration:

Line 5) Whenever I'm in a bad mood.

Line 6) I pop in my ear buds and put on my most recent rotation of music.

Line 7) There have been countless times when I have had to play music to ease myself off.

Line 8) I have nothing else to comfort me besides catchy tunes.

Sotsona gives a grave look out the window and leans her head on the bus poles.

Line 9) It's crazy to think that out of everything around me, a soulless object such as music is the only comfort I have left.

Line 10) It merely shouldn't be this way for me.

Line 11) In my dreams... Everything is so different.

We are in Sotsona's dream before she woke up from her alarm this morning.

Line 12) I'm laying on a hammock on a sunny day.

Line 13) Sipping straight from a coconut at a beach.

Line 14) The seagulls above me squawk.