9. Fallen Guard

"When you refuse to see what's in front of you, you might as well be blind."

Sunday,
September 21
3:40pm

📍Hatfield, Mandeville

Lyric's POV

Spinning around on the bed, I opened my eyes to the darkness of the room

It felt as if I'd been sleeping for days, yet it was still night.

Feeling for my phone, I reached over to the bedside table and picked it up.

Clicking it on, I winced at the brightness.

3:40pm

3:40pm

"F—k" I muttered.

I slid off the bed and opened the curtains to let some light in.

The curtains were deceptive as they made the room seem as if it was still night.

Fixing the sheet on the bed neatly, I headed to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth using the toothbrush that I used yesterday.

Realizing I'd forgotten my skincare products at home, I rinsed my face with fresh water.

I patted my face dry with a hand towel before dropping it in the trash.

Leaving the bathroom, I ventured out of the room to find something to eat.

As soon as I entered the kitchen, Rajawn greeted me as he plated food over the stove.

"Yuh wake?" he asked.

"Like mi wake just in time," I replied, taking a seat around the kitchen island.

He brought over a plate and placed it in front of me before getting me a glass of orange juice.

Looking at the plate, I noticed two dumplings, yam, banana, and ackee and saltfish.

"A who tell yuh say me eat ackee?" I asked him.