16

Stan Marsh

As I sat through class (which was boring, what a surprise), I kept thinking of Rebecca. I mean, she's a pretty girl, but I don't like her like that. I saw her as an opponent, now she likes me? I was getting ahead of myself, I had no idea what Rebecca was gonna say.  The bell rang, and I got up first. I was so nervous, lunch was only an hour away.

I walked out of the classroom and went to my locker. Kyle walked up to me. He looked tired. "Hey," he muttered. I gave him a nod and started to put some books back in my locker. "Sorry about yesterday, cartman just gets on my nerves," he said with a sigh. "No problem," I replied. "So, I hear that Rebecca has a crush on you," he smirked. I tried not to roll my eyes or sigh.

"Oh, you heard? Well, I don't actually know for sure, but I think she might. Do you know anything?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nah, we haven't talked in a while, actually. But I think you two would make a great couple." Fuck. "Eh, I don't really like her like that." I told him. He nodded. "Yeah, I get it. Anyway, I gotta go. See ya later, alligator."

He walked away, and I just stood there, smiling like the big idiot I am. He could say the most cringe thing in the world, and I'd still be completely mesmerized by him. After he disappeared from view, I sighed and walked to my next class.

-lunch-

The time finally came. It was time to meet up with Rebecca and see what she wanted to tell me. I was panicking on the inside, but on the outside, I was calm. Calm? Eh, my face was more of a mix of 'I just smoked a whole lotta' weed', and 'I will bark at you if you talk to me'. I walked into the cafeteria and scanned the room, looking for Rebecca. Once I spotted her, I walked over, tapping on her shoulder.

"Yo," I muttered. She turned around, smiling the way I do when Kyle speaks to me. "Hey Stan!" She said in a cheerful tone as she grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. There was barely anyone around. I glanced down at our hands, her fingers tightly holding on. "So, what did you need?" I asked. She took a deep breath. I could see blush take over her already rosy cheeks.

"I know we haven't known each other long, and we're not really friends..." She said. I raised an eyebrow and nodded, silently telling her to go on. "But, uh... I really like you. Like a lot. I feel butterflies in my stomach and- and all I can think about is you.."

She poured her heart out in those couple sentences. It was... really sweet. She giggled softly, her long brown curls swaying in the wind. "You're blushing," she whispered. I was? It was probably out of embarrassment, I don't like Rebecca. And no, I'm not in denial like I was with Kyle, I seriously do not like Rebecca.

"I think that's a good sign.." she smiled and leaned in to press her lips against mine. I was frozen. This is the first time someone has kissed me since I broke up with Wendy. No, Kyle doesn't count, I kissed him first. Her lips were soft. They weren't cracked in the slightest. I could taste her lip balm. It tasted pretty good.

I felt really bad. I didn't wanna break her poor little heart, so I reciprocated and kissed back. I could feel her lips turn into a small smile. I pulled her close, one of my arms hugging her waist,  my free hand cupping her cheek and pulling her closer. Her arms wrapped around my neck.

This wasn't right. I was playing with her, leading her on. But fuck, the kiss was amazing. Maybe dating Rebecca for a whole might be good for me. Kyle didn't seem to like me back. But, who cares about Kyle right now? A girl and I are making out, and I sorta like her. Just a bit. I'm not in love, I won't be in love. She's not Kyle. She's just the bandaid to my broken heart. Hopefully, I won't break hers.

I'm sorry for the short chapter 😔 😢
I just wanna get this out to continue with the storyyyyy!!