21

Stan Marsh

I was walking towards the principals office from the infirmary, an ice pack held tightly against my bruised skin. Kenny was walking behind me, asking me question after question after question. "Dude, what the hell was that?! The plan was to get Kyle to like you, not to fight him!" He yelled. I sighed. "You think I don't know that? I'm just a stupid idiot... I always have to mess everything up."

I muttered. Kenny nodded and lightly shoved me. "Yeah, I know. But... I do owe you one," he said, hands now shoved in the pockets of his orange parka. "Why?" I ask. He smirks as he answers. "Rebecca overheard what Kyle said about you not loving her. She's absolutely heartbroken." He snickered.

I huffed. "Damnit. Now I don't even have a girlfriend," I groaned softly. Kenny shrugged, his arm slinging around my shoulder. "Well, now I do." My face scrunched up with disgust, and I quickly pushed him away. "You just wanna get in her pants. Also, try showering. That cheap dollar store cologne is not helping at all with your putrid stentch."

Kenny stopped walking and just stared at me. "Rude." He pouted as I walked away, leaving him alone. I arrived at P.C principals office. He was sitting at his desk, reading a book called,"How to be a Good Feminist.' "Ah, Stan," He greeted as he placed his book down. I sat at the chair in front of his desk, my hands shoved into my pockets as I avoided eye contact.

"Could you please explain to me why you and Kyle got into a physical fight?" He asked. I sighed, knowing there was only one way out of this. "Well... you see, Kyle and I have... a situationship going on," I said. He raised an eyebrow. "A situationship?" He asked, slightly skeptical.

I nodded. "Yes, a situationship. We've kinda just been on and off these last couple of days, if you know what I mean." Homosexuality was P.C. Principals' biggest weakness. "Oh... I see. I didn't know Kyle, and you were together romantically."

I nodded, a small smirk playing at my lips. "Yeah, we're not public about it. We like to keep things private." P.C. Principal nodded before sighing and leaning back in his chair. "Well, uh... Stan, you're free to go. Be careful next time," He said. "Of course, thank you," I replied as I stood up, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the room.

I really was the world's biggest idiot. I just wanted to spend some time with Rebecca in case Kyle ended up rejecting me. But instead, I punched him in the face. Way to go, Stan. I walked out of school and started walking home, but Leo ran up to me. "Hey Stan!" He greeted cheerfully. I waved. "Hey butters."

He handed me a small card. "You're invited to my birthday party. It's this weekend and - well, all the info is on the card," He smiled as he nervously rubbed his knuckles together. My eyes scanned the card before I shoved it in my pocket. "Okay, I'll be there," I told him. His smile grew, and he waved goodbye before running off happily.

I watched him before continuing my walk home. How was I ever gonna recover from this? Kyle is never gonna forgive me. Why did everything have to be so complicated?

I walked through my front door, Shelly was home. She was helping mom cook dinner. "Hey turd - woah, what happened?" She asked. I could hear the small snicker in her tone. Mom turned around, and her eyes went wide.

She ran to me, cupping my face in her hands. "Oh God! Stanley, what happened? Who did this to you?" I groaned softly. "Don't worry about it... I just... got in a fight with Kyle," I muttered. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"What? Why?" She asked. I gently pushed her away and shrugged. "I don't know. I'm gonna go to my room now." And I did just that. I walked up to my room, holding back tears that threatened to spill.

I locked my door and fell on my bed. Maybe this was all a bad dream. Maybe when I wake up, Kyle won't be mad at me. Maybe my life won't suck.

I buried my face in my pillow, my hands shaking. This time, I didn't hold back my tears. I didn't hold back my sobs. Tears tan freely down my face, soaking my pillow case.

I just wanted Kyle to love me because I loved him. I loved him so much. Why did that have to happen? Why did anything have to happen? Maybe... maybe one day I'll go to sleep and never wake up. Maybe Kyle will be happier without me around. Maybe everyone will be happier.