19

Stan Marsh

"Hey, Becca, I'll be right back," I said as I pulled away from her. "Becca?" She asked. I looked back over at her. "Uh, yeah. Sorry, it's just a nickname." I told her. She smiled. "I like it." I smiled before quickly walking away. I needed to find Kenny. It was easy to find him. He was leaning against a wall, and a group of girls gathered around him as he talked.

"Kenny," I said. He looked up at me with a smirk. The face paint around his lips was smeared, and he had hickeys all over his neck. Typical. "Yes?" He asked. "Come on," I said, pointing over to the bathroom. He nodded and looked back at the girls. "Sorry, ladies. Gotta run, I'll catch you later," he said with a wink.

I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him away. We went into the bathroom, and I checked every stall to make sure no one was around. "What's up?" He asked. "Dude, I made a mistake. I need to win Kyle over and break up with Rebecca. But she's so nice, I don't think I can just break her heart," I said with a sigh. He nodded.

"My man, don't I have a plan for you," he said, a sly smirk on his face as he leaned against the sinks. I raised an eyebrow. "You... do?" I asked. He nodded, looking very proud of himself. "Yup, I was thinking it over last night," he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes. "Okay, but why?"

He just shrugged. "Don't know. Maybe cause you're my best friend and I want you to be happy?" I stared at him for a moment before sighing. "You just wanna sleep with Rebecca, don't you?"

He gave me a sheepish smile. "Aw, you know me so well." I lightly punched his shoulder. "Wait, aren't you dating butter- err, Leo?" I asked. His expression changed, and he just shrugged. "Don't worry about it. He's just been... hanging out with cartman a lot."

He seemed slightly upset, but I decided not to question it any further. "Right... so, what's the plan?" I asked. His face lit up again, and his usual smirk was back. "Okay, so..."

--                  Kyle Broflovski

I stared at Stan and Rebecca as Rebecca threw herself on Stan. God, it was so annoying. Can't she keep her hands off of him for just one second? He barely stepped foot in school! Whatever, why do I care anyway?

I angrily slammed my locker and walked away. My head was hanging low, and my body was tense. I don't know why I was so bothered. I mean, I had just rekindled my relationship with Stan, and she just had to ruin it? How dare she!

As I was walking, I bumped into someone - Wendy. "Oh! Goodness, I'm sorry, Kyle," She said with a smile. I shrugged. "It's no biggie..." I muttered. She stared at my face for a while. "You seem... tense? What's wrong?" She asked.

Should I tell her? I mean, Stan's her ex. I saw how violent she got with Ms. Ellen. But, they broke up, so she shouldn't care, right? Right. I can vent to Wendy.

I sighed. "To be honest, yes. Something is very wrong." She smiled and pointed to an empty classroom. I nodded, and we both walked inside. She took a seat, and I sat beside her.

"You know how jealousy feels, right?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "Of course I do. I was jealous a lot when I was with Stan. Mostly of you." That caught me off guard. "Of... me?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was jealous of what you and Stan had. I mean, your bromance. You guys were so close. I felt the need to take Stan away... he really liked you. In a friend way, I guess. I just... wanted to be you."

I was frozen in place. This wasn't really new to me, I could tell Wendy was always jealous, or, at least mad. But she was being so vulnerable. This was new to me. But then she shook her head. "Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. Who are you jealous of?"

She asked. I was stuck for a couple of minutes, and my mouth was completely dry. I related to her. She wanted to be me, and now I wanted to be Rebecca. She waited patiently for my response, a concerned look on her face.

"I don't know if I should even be talking to you," I said with a confused chuckle. "I feel like I'm betraying Stan... I mean, you ruined him." She sighed. "I know. But, I consider you my friend, Kyle."

Then, it all spilled out. All my emotions and thoughts spilled out of my mouth and flew through Wendy's ears. "I thought me and stan were finally getting closer, but then Rebecca came and threw it all away," I said, my hands balled into fists in my lap.

"Yeah, I understand," she told me. She listened to every word I said, nodding along. When I finished my ramble, we sat in silence. "Hey, you know, maybe I can help. He's my ex, but I can see how much you care for him... you two deserve to be together." I glanced at her, and she smiled. "Thank you," I said, returning her smile. "What do you have in mind?"