2.1: this love is glowing in the dark (tw)

tw slight mentions of panic attack and anxiety, you can read other chapters if you know this will trigger you!

---

taylor was on tour in london, and it was an exhausting night after a long performance. she felt the weight of the world on her shoulders and, unable to sleep, found herself spiraling into a panic attack. her hands shaking, she instinctively called travis, forgetting the time difference.

travis, in kansas city, was deep asleep when his phone rang. groggily, he picked up, his voice thick with sleep, "what baby? it's the middle of the night."

taylor's voice trembled as she realized her mistake, "i-im so sorry, travis. i didn't mean to wake you. i'll call you in the morning."

but travis, immediately sensing the distress in her voice, sat up in bed, fully alert now. "no, stay on the phone. what's going on? talk to me."

taylor took a shaky breath, trying to find her words. "i... i don't know. everything just feels too much right now. i can't breathe, and i feel like i'm drowning."

travis's heart ached hearing her like this. "hey, hey, it's okay. i'm here. just breathe with me, okay? in and out, nice and slow."

he started to breathe audibly into the phone, guiding her through each inhale and exhale. "that's it, baby. you're doing great."

taylor followed his lead, her breathing gradually slowing down. "i'm so scared, travis," she whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"i know, but you're not alone. i'm right here with you. remember that time we went to the beach, and we just sat there watching the waves? think about that. think about how calm and peaceful it was."

taylor closed her eyes, picturing the scene he described. the memory brought a small smile to her face. "i remember. it was so beautiful."

"exactly. focus on that. you're strong, taylor. you've got this. and no matter what, i'm always here for you."

they continued talking until taylor's panic subsided. by the time they hung up, she felt a sense of calm and knew she was going to be ok.

(y'all can request in the comments)