58

Two weeks into living together officially and the women had already established a great routine together. One day Kara would cook breakfast and dinner and the other day Lena would cook. It was going great for the couple. Everyday they'd eat lunch together at one or the other's offices and Kara would always pick Lena up after work everyday to go home together. Today however it was Lena who was waiting on her girlfriend to finish up work. Upon arriving at the clinic she was greeted by a running Kara who was heading into an emergency C-section on a dog who was is in stalled labor.

"She'll be out soon. She just finished the surgery. You can go sit in her office if you like." Nia said. "Ok, I think I'll do that." Lena replied. Lena took a seat at Kara's desk and began looking over the paperwork that sat on her desk. "Wow..." Lena said to herself as she saw the bill receipts on the desk. "It's so expensive to have a farm call..." She said to herself as she continued looking at everything.

"Ok! Good work everyone! I'm off to clean up now. Congratulations momma Sue! You have seven beautiful puppies." Kara cooed as she patted the dog's head before leaving the operating room. "Nia can you all handle the clinic this weekend? I've got plans with Lena." Kara said "Sure thing Kara! I'll have it handled. You go spend time with your girlfriend, she's in your office right now." Nia replied.  Kara nodded and headed to her office leaving Nia to begin processing the bill.

Upon entering the room Kara saw Lena sitting at her desk looking at all the paperwork her eyes wide. "Well hey there beautiful!" Kara said as she shut her office door. "Kara! You scared the shit out of me!" Lena gasped putting a hand on her heart. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, are you having fun?" Kara asked. "Yes and no...I had no idea it cost so much for veterinary services." Lena said as she stood up from the desk. Kara shrugged her shoulders as she walked over to her desk. "Those are all the ones that have been paid for, I don't see them till they come back here." Kara replied. "Oh..well that makes sense I suppose. Your accountant must love you though, bringing in all this money for them to go over." Lena said. "Oh I'm sure she does." Kara chuckled. "Are you ready to go? Kara asked. "Yea.." Lena replied as she took the blonde by the hand as they left the building together.