73

Sam, Alex and Eliza were the first to arrive to the house that night. "How are you feeling?" Eliza asks. "Good, getting better everyday." Kara replied with a smile. "That's good. I'm glad." Eliza replied as she pat Molly's head. "Yea Molly's been a big help too. She's been keeping me company all day." Kara added. "That's a good girl!" Eliza cooed. "Dinner's almost ready. W'ere just waiting on my mom to arrive." Lena explained. "I'm sure she'll be here soon." Sam said trying to reassure her friend. "Yea..." Lena replied softly.

"Lena dear, do you want some help?" Eliza asked. "Oh..uh...yea. You can get the plates out if you like." Lena replied. Eliza nodded and began grabbing the plates out of the cupboard. There was a sudden knock on the door alerting everyone that Elizabeth had arrived. "I'll get the door. You get Kara to the table." Alex said looking at Sam who nodded. "Come on gimpy..let's get you to the table." Sam teased. "Sam! I swear when I get better I'll kick your ass!" Kara replied laughing. "Sam stop teasing my fiancé! And love don't kick my future maid of honors ass to bad." Lena exclaimed. "Ha! She loves me more!" Kara joked as she put her breaks on the wheelchair.

Elizabeth now makes her way to the kitchen to see everyone has now gathered in there. "Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late..." Elizabeth said. "It's alright! Come sit! Mom and Lee are just plating everything up." Kara said trying to sound sincere as possible. Elizabeth nodded as she took the last empty seat at the table. "Mom! I'm glad you could make it!" Lena exclaimed happily. "I'm glad too." Elizabeth replied.

"Ok uh...we have some lasagna here with caesar salad, and some breadsticks." Lena said. "That sounds lovely dear!" Elizabeth said. "Thanks mom, it was actually Kar's idea and her recipes too." Lena explained. Kara smiled at her fiancé. "Oh...alright then." Elizabeth said. "Anyhow...let's eat shall we?" Sam asked. "Yes Sam I agree!" Eliza said. Lena took her seat next to Kara who took her hand and squeezed it gently before picking up her fork and eating.

After a few bites Kara leaned into Lena and whispered. "Delicious love. As always, you out did yourself again." "Thank you Kara." Lena whispered in response. Elizabeth kept her eyes on her daughter and her fiancés interactions throughout the night. She quickly noticed that they really loved each other deeply and would do anything for one another. As dinner continued everyone continued talking amongst themselves. "So have you two begun planning your wedding?" Eliza asked. "No, we're actually waiting till Kara's back on her feet before we start planning." Lena explained. "That's a good idea." Elizabeth added.

After dinner Lena began picking up everyone's dishes but was quickly stopped by Sam and Alex. "We got this. You go talk to your mom. Kara and Eliza are already in the living room waiting on you and Elizabeth." Sam said. "Oh ok. Thank you guys." Lena said as she headed to the living room.

Eliza sat on one sofa next to Kara while Elizabeth sat in a chair leaving Lena to sit either on the other sofa or next to Kara. She chose to sit next to Kara. Lena quickly took Kara by the hand before looking at her mother. "Mom, I know you aren't' fond of how quickly Kara and I got engaged but I ant you to know that Kara's it for me, and I'm it for her. We don't want to be with anyone else. We literally went through hell and back together and come out stronger than before. So yes we may have jumped a million steps but we don't care because we love each other. And to us that's the only thing that matters, so you may not like that fact but everyone else here does including Molly. And we plan on getting married no matter what anyone thinks." Lena stated.

Elizabeth's eyes went wide with shock. She wasn't expecting her daughter to say that to her. "Your right daughter, I was not happy when you told me you were engaged at first. However watching you two tonight made me realize that you are indeed made for one another. Not that you need it, but you have my blessings." Elizabeth said. Lena looked at Kara with a loving smile. "Thank you mom." Lena said.