Chapter 4.

"Lily, can you come downstairs?" Sharon called the next evening as Lily was going through her phone, Lily headed down the stairs and saw her mother standing next to Hansel, she suddenly felt a chill go down her spine and asked timidity "Mom...why is Hansel here?" Sharon beamed and said brightly "you have a date with Hansel tonight! I'm sure you two will have a great time, and if you get into any trouble...don't hesitate to go to him for help".

Lily felt incredulous at the idea of going on a date with this entitled prick, but she knew it'd make her mother happy, so she forced a smile and cheerfully replied with a "great! I'll go and get ready now!" Before she went back upstairs to get changed. 

The car ride was silent as Hansel drove Lily to The Red Crustacean restaurant, Lily wasn't sure what to say, the last thing she wanted was to be alone with this entitled moron, Hansel seemed to sense this and cleared his throat before speaking, "y'know...you should be lucky to be in my company, your mother worked hard to engage you with the perfect man...", Lily rolled her eyes and turned her face away so that Hansel didn't see the disgusted expression on her face.

"I...guess..." Lily replied uncomfortably "I mean...doesn't it bother you that you're nearly five years older than me? You've got your own house and a full-on job and I'm still in school!", Hansel snorted and laughed obnoxiously "oh not...it doesn't bother me at all! Honestly, the younger they are, the more obedient, I say!" Lily could feel her temper rising at Hansel's disregard for her feelings but didn't say anything.

Lily and Hansel entered the restaurant and went to their table and the first thing Hansel did was point out a waiter's weight and laugh at his "joke", then when he looked at the menu he didn't even ask Lily what she wanted, and he ordered for the two of them it wasn't even food that she liked, he didn't even consider some allergies that Lily might have, that evening was spent with Hansel talking about his big business opportunities and didn't even let Lily get a word in, "I don't suppose you know anything about business calamities, and the ethical ways of handling it, do you? We dealt with a lot of last week, but I settled the matter quite well, I'd I don't say so myself" Hansel bragged in that snooty voice of his which always made Lily's blood boil.

Lily kept thinking about Roxy and what she must be doing, she couldn't help but picture Roxy's shining emerald green eyes and her beautiful raven black hair. When the food arrived, Hansel ate like a pig and didn't even notice Lily's uncomfortable expression as he kept getting food on his shirt and face, Lily didn't was allergic to the food that had been given to her so she excused herself and went to use the bathroom, Hansel didn't even take any notice,

Lily sat on the toilet and contemplated what she should do, "I know Mom wants me to go out with this entitled prick..." she told herself "but he's so rude, conceited and inconsiderate! I can't keep dealing with him...", Lily sighed and sat back, she really didn't want to spend another single moment with Hansel, but knew it'd make her mother happy.

Lily got up and decided to go back to her table, she exited the bathroom and scanned for Hansel, but she saw that he was nowhere to be seen, Lily went over to her table only to find that Hansel had finished his food and had left without tipping the waiter, he had also left the bill for Lily to pay, Lily groaned with frustration and took out the money to leave on the table before she exited The Red Crustacean, she surveyed her surroundings and called out for Hansel, "Hansel? Hansel! Where are you?" She called, but then Lily's heart sank when she realised that Hansel had left without her, she thought about calling her mother but knew she either wouldn't care or she'd be more annoyed that the date didn't go well and take Hansel's side, so Lily decided to walk her way home.

The streets were dimly lit by lampposts as Lily walked through the dark street, it was a half hour walk from The Red Crustacean to her home and Lily could already feel herself getting tired, she'd walked for nearly twenty minutes and stopped to catch her breath, suddenly she heard a gruff voice behind her say "hey there, beautiful, what's a pretty thing like you doing out here all alone?" A chill went down Lily's spine as she slowly turned to see a man with a black hoodie and a dark beard smiling creepily at her.