Meeting and being with you.

Zachary,
Do you remember how we met? When I was 7 and you were 8, our moms would work out together. This lead to us having to hang out at my house for about 2 hours, 3 times a week. After a few days we were pretty close.

"Who do you like?" You had asked me one day, while we were standing in the tree house together, just the two of us. "You." I told you, because I was young and never knew that i was in love with you, having always thought it was just a crush. "I like you too." You said. And I can't quite remember what happened after that but knowing us we probably just smiled and kept playing house or pirates or whatever other games we played in the tree house. That's was when our younger selves started "dating". That is when I think I was cursed. I had always been doomed to fall in love with you, but this was different. This was a curse.

When I was around 8 and you were around 9, we were playing at your house. Your dad liked to get on my nerves by calling me Dylan pickle. I HATED that nickname. Little did I know that I would forever be "Dylan Pickle" to him and your future little brother, Nate, but I'm getting ahead of myself. We were throwing some ping pong balls at the wall of your house and catching them. It was a game we would play a lot. We also would wrestle a lot to. But I'm getting to that. One of your neighbors came over, his name was Chase and he was my age. I didn't like him much, and I don't think he liked me much either. He would always tease me about my pigtail braids. "Stop." I would whine to make him leave me alone. "What are you gonna do about it baby?" He liked to egg me on. You knew he did. And one day i got so mad and annoyed at him I flung him to the ground and tackled him. He ran home crying but didn't tell his dad what happened. He was too embarrassed to have been beaten up by a girl.

And that day I knew you were proud of me. And I was proud of me too.