Author's Notes/ Introduction

Hello all, and welcome to Lady Whittaker Wages War! If you're here after reading either of my earlier books that come before LWWW, thank you for your support! If you're a new reader, no worries, this book is entirely a stand-alone novel and you need not have read my other books to enjoy it fully.

Both characters make a brief appearance in An Inconvenient Arrangement, for anyone interested. 

As I strive to use era-appropriate language, I understand that people who are not already familiar with Historical Romance, particularly Regency Era HR may not be familiar with all of the phrases that I use. This is a brief explanation to make reading easier if you are new to HR! Of course, I would be completely okay with answering any questions you may have. Moving forward, I will also add any new terms at the beginning of each chapter.

Peerage: Titled nobility of England

Duke/Duchess: Title of highest rank following royalty.

Dowager: A widowed woman who obtained her Title from marriage. This is why Daphne is still referred to as Lady Whittaker even though she is widowed and the new Lord Whittaker is not her husband.

His/Her Grace: Used when speaking of a non-royal Duke or Duchess.

Your Grace: Used when directly addressing a Duke or Duchess.

Lord/Lady: Used to address any man or woman with a title lesser than Duke/Duchess.

Blue-blooded: Having aristocratic lineage.

Parson's Trap: A euphemism for marriage

In his/her/your cups: A euphemism for being drunk.

Wastrel: One who expends resources foolishly and self-indulgently.

Toff/Nobb: Degrading way of referring to the nobility.

Use of title in lieu of name: It was common practice to refer to titled nobility using their titles instead of their Christian names. For example, our male lead is named Cassius, however, the title he holds is The Earl of Pembroke. You will see his friends and acquaintances often refer to him as Pembroke, rather than Cassius.

Hierarchy of British Titles:

 Duke - Duchess

Marquess - Marchioness

Earl - Countess (Cassius) 

Viscount - Viscountess (Daphne)

Baron - Baroness

Content/Trigger Warnings:

Updates will be weekly, starting roughly around 23rd September and here's what you can expect going forward that warrants the mature tag:

Eventual smut
Cursing
Dirty dreams and fantasies

Content Warnings:

This book features a very sex-positive female character, while she is not what some would refer to as a dominatrix, she is the more experienced one of the pair and certainly takes the lead often. 

The MMC, while definitely not submissive or clueless, is someone who does not have a healthy relationship with sex and struggles with intimacy. As such, he varies very greatly from my previous MMCs, both of whom were very dominant, very open about their desires, and very very assured of themselves.  

This book includes scenes depicting emotional abuse in which the male character is the victim.

As you can tell by the blurb, the female lead gets pregnant part way through the book. I realize this is  a deal breaker for many folks so be warned now!

Trigger Warning for:

Mentions of an abusive relationship 
Feelings of shame regarding intimacy 
Struggles with infertility
Accidental pregnancy 

Last but certainly not the least, Happy Reading! Much love to all of you!