01

📍 HARLEM, NEW YORK
LEE'S RESIDENCE
~

"Okay, Okay. I get it, Dad. I'm not gonna be late! Jesus," I mumble the last part. "What was that?!" He yelled. "Nothing, nothing,"

Make sure you come straight home right after school. You have things to do around the house. "You know you could do it your damn self," I say rolling my eyes.

"Who do you think you talking to? Get to school before I have to pop you in ya mouth," I just rolled my eyes before walking out the door.

Before I headed to school, I walked to go to the deli. It was about a 3-minute walk away from my house.

~

📍HARLEM, NEW YORK
SUGARHILL DELI

Before I walked into the deli, 2 light-skinned boys walked in before me. When I walked into the deli and went straight to the drink section. I grabbed myself a lemonade and then went to the candy section.

I grabbed a pack of Starbursts and some Sour Patch Kids. While I was walking to the counter, I bumped into one of the light-skinned boys. I dropped my lemonade in the process.

"my bad," He said picking up my lemonade. He tried to start a conversation but I interrupted him. "Sorry, I'm going to be late for school," I took my lemonade and paid quickly then left.

~

📍 DARRIAN'S POV

"Yo Ddot, who was that?" Notti asked coming up to me. "I don't know but she was bad," I said with a small smile on my face. Notti just chuckled.

"Come on, we're gonna be late," He said. We paid for our things and got outta there. We ain't tryna be late.

~

📍HARLEM, NEW YORK
HARLEM HIGH

Me and Notti walked into the school building. We stood near our lockers talking for a bit when Notti pointed something out. "Look, it's Imani. She's talking to that girl from the deli," The girl from the deli popped something in her mouth. I think it was a pill.

"Looks like they are friends," I said. We kept looking until another girl walked over to them. I'm guessing they are all friends.

I continued to look at the girl from the deli. I can't help but admire her. She wore a cropped black jean jacket, a black cropped top, white short jeans, and Jordan's. Her hair flowed down to her shoulders and she had headphones around her neck.

It looked like she couldn't open her locker. I didn't even know I zoned out until I felt Notti hitting my shoulder. "Huh?" I said clueless as fuck.

"Looks like someone is falling in love," Notti said cheesing. "What? No ew. Never," I said fixing my hoodie after Notti hit me. "Yeah whatever you say but let's just get to class," I nodded and then headed to class.

~

📍NAOMI'S POV

I had my first class with Imani and Eliana. That's not bad because I'm gonna be with my best friends. We walked to the first period and sat in our original seats. I sat in the middle of the class.

Then someone else walked in. I thought it was a new student but no. It was a boy..? I was mad confused. He wasn't new because he didn't have to introduce himself.

He probably went to school here first and long time and I probably didn't notice because I don't pay attention to the kids in my class. That's a waste of time.

I pulled out my textbook and turned to the page that was written on the board. Even though my friends were in this class, it was still boring so I just went to sleep for the rest of the class.