02

📍HARLEM, NEW YORK
HARLEM HIGH / NAOMI'S POV

After the third period, it was time for lunch. I didn't sit with anyone at lunch. The girls would be sitting with someone else or whatever.

I thought today would be the same as any other day but I was wrong. I collected my things and made my way to the cafeteria.

I didn't want lunch because that shit was ass. I just sat at my usual spot and took a sip of my lemonade. I ate some starburst then I put on my headphones and put my head down.

📍DARRIAN'S POV

Me, Dd, Notti, and Imani sat at one table. I was looking around to see where Naomi was. I spotted her sitting by herself with her head down.

"Hol on guys. I'll be back," I said getting up and making my way to Naomi's table. I tap her shoulder and she looks up at me. She pulls her headphones off and gives me a confused look.

"You seem lonely. Come sit with me and my friends?" I asked pointing over to the table. She looks over to see Imani waving.

"I didn't know you knew Imani." She said getting up. "Yeah. She's kinda of my best friend's crush," I said walking over there with her.

When we get over there, she hugs Imani. "Dd, Notti, this is Naomi. Naomi, these are my best friends Dd and Notti. They are brothers. " I introduced them. She shakes their hands.

"Ohhh. This is the girl you been talking bout Ddot?" Dd asked looking at me. My eyes widen and I hit his chest. "Ow.." Dd said rubbing his chest. "He's just joking," I said nervously.

📍NAOMI'S POV

'He's been talking about me?' I asked myself in my head. I just smiled to myself. I look at Dd. He's low-key kinda adorable. His nappy curls hanging in front of his face. Covering his big brown eyes.

I sat down in between Notti and Imani. Ddot and Dd sitting on the table in front of us fighting over a bag of chips. I turn to Notti. "Is your brother always like this?" I asked chuckling a bit.

"Fuck nah. He's a gangsta. But he loosens up around the people he loves." He said staring at his brother. I just nod. I took out the starburst from my bag.

I look at Notti and tap his shoulder. "Hmm?" Notti asked turning around. He showed him the pack of Starburst. His eyes widen. "Want some?" I asked.

"Of course," He says. I gave him the rest because I didn't want it. I looked up to see that Ddot ended up with the bags of chips and Dd was mean mugging him.

I looked in my bag first the pack of Sour Patch Kids. I took it out and then I tapped Dd. I looked at me and I held out the pack towards him.

A smile spread across his face as he took the Sour Patch Kids from my hand. Ddot looked over as Dd struggled to open it. "Hey, that's not fair," Ddot said pouting.

"Ddot. Stop being a fat ass. You got a bag of chips in your damn hand," Imani said rolling her eyes and then looking back at her phone.

Me, Dd, and Notti just laughed as Ddot gave us glares.

📍LAST CLASS OF THE DAY

I had my last class with Dd so me and him walked to my locker before heading to class. "Dd, do you know how to open a lock?" I asked as we approached my locker.

"Hell no. That's why I don't put a lock on my locker," he said. I nod and try to open it. It didn't work. I just groan and start banging my head on the locker.

I then felt a hand move in between my head and the locker. "You know if you keep doing that, you could get a concussion," I heard Ddot's voice say. I looked up to see him leaning on the locker.