03

📍HARLEN, NEW YORK
REYE'S RESIDENCE
DAVID'S POV

I just finished showering and I headed back to my room. I dried off my skin and lotion my skin. I'm not tryna be ashy.

I put on black ripped jeans, a white t-shirt and grabbed my black hoodie to go with my outfit. I put my phone in my back pocket and carried my hoodie over my shoulder.

I had a towel to continue drying my hair. I walked downstairs into the living room. Notti and Ddot were sitting on the couch. "Guys, I have bad news," I say.

"What is it?" Notti asked. He and Ddot looked up at me. "Naomi can't come. Her dad said no," "Oh," Ddot said looking disappointed.

"It's okay, I got a plan," I say the last part quietly. "Hmm," Ddot hummed. "Nothing," I said. "Anyways, you guys ready?" I asked throwing the towel onto the couch.

"Yeah, let's go," Ddot said quietly, getting up and walking out the door. I just looked at Notti and he shrugs.

We walked halfway to the school and I stopped. "What are you doing?" Notti asked. "I'll meet you guys there. I'm gonna go to the deli," I say before running away.

I stopped for a second to text Naomi.

Noma💘🧘🏾‍♀️

Send me your lo
Delivered at 5:50

I closed my phone and put it in my pocket. I made my way to the deli to buy snacks and drinks.

As I walked into the deli, I bumped into a girl. She had brown braids. She had a black cropped top on with a camouflage cropped jacket and black jeans.

"my bad ma heart," I say. "You good," She says. "Wait I know you. You Dd. You in my 4th period," She says. "Oh yeah. Eliana right?" I asked.

She nods. "Are you going to the basketball game?" She asked picking up a sprite. I nod. "But I gotta pick someone up first," I say grabbing a lemonade for Naomi.

"And who is that?" She asked as we walked to the chip section. "Naomi," I said picking up Hot Cheetos. "Oh, I didn't know you guys knew each other. But let me come," She said. I just nodded.

After paying for our things, we started to walk in the direction of Naomi's house. "Do you know her lo? She never texted me back," I said looking over at her. "Yeah, of course." She said pulling it up to show me.

We weren't too far from her house. About a block or two away.

📍HARLEM, NEW YORK
LEE'S RESIDENCE

I was lying in my bed until I heard something hit my window. I was confused.  I got up and went to see. When I moved my dark blue curtains, I saw Elliy and Dd standing outside. I opened the window confused.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. "Let's go. We're going to the basketball game," Dd said. He was smiling like a little kid. "What about my dad?" I asked.

" He'll be fine, it's not the end of the world. Now hurry up. Don't wanna make Ddot disappointed."

Now I was even more confused. What did he mean? "Now how am I gonna get down nigga?" I asked crossing my arms. "Jump. I'll catch you. It's not a far jump." Dd said.

"Okay. I'm trusting you." I said getting ready to jump out. When I do, I shut my eyes shut. I felt arms around me. He caught me.

He dropped me down as the weight lifted off my chest. That was scary. "Now let's go!" Dd said grabbing me by my arm as we started running. Elliy right behind us.