Colors

Peach was sitting in the desk chair while she worriedly looked at Mario pacing around her room.

"I really don't understand any of this," the boy growled. "I made him a promise, but how does he want me to be calm when he's putting himself in danger?"

"You should relax," the blonde replied. "Luigi is intelligent, I don't think he hasn't measured the risks of what's happening."

"What if he really isn't doing it? Something strange is happening at Fungwarry this semester. Last year's Lu would never leave the academy of his own free will, he barely left his room. But now? He runs away from everyone to go to clubs and do what? I can't even imagine my brother dancing. There's also that little friend of his."

"Bowser?"

"No, the other one."

"There is another?"

"A new boy; tall, dark, redhead... I think he's royalty. Don't you know him?"

"I don't know anyone with that description. Don't you know his name?"

"Bowie, if I'm not wrong."

"I could ask, but I think I would have heard of him by now, especially if he frequents Lu," she replied. "But, if he's new, shouldn't you know him? You're always welcoming."

"That's the problem, I've seen the guy only once and he wasn't in any class or ceremony. He was in the allies hallway, outside Lu's room."

"What category is he?"

"Hero."

"And you haven't even met him in the common room?"

"Never," he denied.

The girl swallowed.

She began to understand Mario's concern; She had said it before, Luigi was not stupid, but he was quite naive at times.

Something wasn't right and if they couldn't solve it in time it could lead to the end of the game.

"Sometimes I get paranoid and think they put a spell on him," Mario confessed.

Peach giggled and went to sit on the bed. "Come here," she patted the mattress.

The oldest agreed and sat next to him.

"I'm exaggerating?"

"Maybe, but you're cute," she kissed his forehead. "Do you want to lie down?" She pointed to her legs.

Mario softened his face and leaned on his girlfriend's legs, then Peach stroked his hair.

"Have you tried talking to Luigi yet?"

"Obviously, but he's always on the defensive."

"Do you want me to try it?"

"No need, maybe it's all in my head."

"Well, I don't want you to be nervous all semester and Lu is also my friend and I worry about him. Plus, I have to admit that it bothers me a little how he's upsetting the whole balance that was in Fungwarry. I mean, categories exist for something."

"That's what I say!" He looked at her. "I really don't know what I would do without you," he sighed.

"You'd be fine."

"I highly doubt it." He caressed her cheek. "I love you."

The girl kissed him.

"Leave it to me," she smiled.

For their part, Luigi and Bowser were lying on the koopa's bed watching a movie, although this only seemed like background noise for their occasional conversations and discreet caresses.