Chapter 19- The Job(Part 2)

(Rimuru POV)

The next day, I went to 'Grand Order' directly after reporting to Nighteye about today's objective which he noticed and gave me an approval.

I reached at the same time as yesterday and saw Saber arriving on her bike.

'Ciel': "Nice bike."

Saber: "Thanks, I got it a couple years back from my previous employer."

'Ciel': "Must've been a cool guy."

She shook her head in disapproval as her eyes showed a hint of sadness.

Saber: "I thought he was but I was wrong..... Although my current one is actually his son who is way cooler."

Her face brightened once more as she thought of a certain red haired 'hero of justice'.

'Ciel': "Oh that's pretty nice. I wonder what kind of job she does besides this."

We went inside and were greeted by the Neko Arc group. They resumed to their usual antics while me and Saber put on our uniforms and waited for the customers to come.......

*

*

*

*

'Ciel': "............."

Hinata: "........."

Hinata was the first person to visit and she immediately started staring at me.

'Ciel': "Okay this is getting awkward..... What would you like today Miss Hinata?"

She stared at me in disbelief but then sighed.

Hinata: ".....yeah sorry I'll just have those cream puffs you told me about yesterday."

'Ciel': "You got it!"

I went to the kitchen to retriev the puffs I had made beforehand.

'Ciel': "Technology is quite convenient here huh, I didn't need to store the dessert in my imaginary space because of the temperature maintaining storage. It's way more efficient than the refrigerators I used to use.

<<This type of technology already exists in tempest.>>

'Ciel': "Wait for real?!"

<<You haven't been keeping up with the recent development so it's natural that you don't know.>>

'Ciel': "Weird way to say that I've developed into a shut-in."

I put some chocolate syrup on the puffs and served them to Hinata.

"Here you go!"

Hinata: "Thanks........ Hey how long have you been in this world?"

'Ciel' "Hmm.....I think It's been nearly an year. Why do you ask?"

Hinata: "That's weird....barely 2 months have passed in the cardinal world."

'Ciel': "Oh that might have been because of me."

Hinata: "Oh?"

'Ciel': "I unconsciously mess with the perception of time in whatever universe I'm in. I'm not sure when I gained this ability but it seems to alter the relative time of the world with respect to the cardinal world."

Hinata seemed baffled with the information as she was having trouble trying to keep up.

Hinata: "Y-you....... you're one ridiculous existence you know that?"