Chapter 34. Sacrifice

IN THE 1A DORM

As the impending battle in the Kamino Ward was about to rage on, Class 1A sat anxiously in the Common Room, their eyes glued to the television as they watched the press conference between the UA staff, consisting of Eraser Head, Vlad King, and Principal Nezu, and the reporters, who began questioning the staff on the safety of the students under the school's care.

To say that they were shocked at the doubtful questions being thrown at their teachers was an understatement. They would understand that the safety of the students is a priority, but they are hero-in-training, trouble is something that they will encounter along the way. Plus the fact that the public does not know that the "victim" of the hostage taking is actually a disguised Izuku.

But still, the hostility was suffocating for the young heroes. More affecting Shinso and Melissa, Himiko being a former villainess is used to the hostile words. But that doesn't make it easier for them to take the harsh words being said to their teachers.

Across the room, Eijiro Kirishima stood up from his seat causing some of his friends to look at him. "We can't just sit here and watch all of this happen, right?" he asked his classmates. "We need to do something."

The rest of the class looked over at the Hardening user, but none of them responded at the red-haired boy's words. They were all unsure what to say. Well everyone beside one...

"For the last time, shitty hair. We can't do anything about it." Katsuki spoke up. "Izuku told us not to get involved with this because we don't have a hero license."

Some of them nodded as Momo spoke up. "That's right. Which means Izuku doesn't want any of us to get in trouble with our teacher or the authorities." she added to Katsuki's words.

Despite the words of their Vice President, Kirishima was still not convinced. "But if he really thought of that, why didn't he tell everyone of his plans?"

It was Iida who spoke up this time to respond to the red-haired boy. "Because he knows that some of us will be riled up with our emotions and ignore the orders of our teachers so we can get involved with the plan. I have to agree with him on that notion,because quite frankly, I would be easily swayed by my emotions. I almost did so back in Hosu." he said, whispering the last words. "All we can do now is wait for the best to happen in the plan and pray for our classmates and the heroes fighting alongside him."

That caused a couple of nods from the rest while the others just sat there deep in thought.

There was an awkward silence within the class when Kaminari suddenly spoke up. "Ah guys." he said, slowly looking back at his classmates. "You might want to see this." he said, pointing to the television.

The class turned to the television and were shocked at the sight that met them. Broadcasting live is a helicopter shot of the destruction in Kamino Ward in Yokohama. The pro heroes can be seen laying down in the epicenter of the crater that once were buildings and apartments.

In the center of it all is a man with a mask that looks like respirators. Their eyes widened as they saw another figure emerge from thin air, covered in black sludge. They recognized the figure as their own Class President, Izuku Midoriya, who was coughing out the sludge from his mouth. It didn't take long for more figures emerging from black sludge to enter the shot.

They watched as All Might suddenly arrived in the scene and was face-to-face with the villain. The villain blocked his attack and forced All Might to jump back and land back-to-back with Izuku, who had just kicked some of the villains away.

Class 1A's eyes widened at the scene showing as both teacher and student began to charge the villains with speed unimaginable.

----------