Eleven.

Penelope stood in front of the mirror adjusting her very tight blouse for the tenth time. Sophie had overtaken the whole 'date outfit'. Penelope didn't protest, as she knew her dear friend needed the distraction. Sophie had chosen to put her in tight leather look trousers that hugged every curve, (I mean they did make her arse look amazing). The trousers slightly flared at the bottom and had a small slit at the bottom of each side to just above her ankle. Sophie had also picked (well thrown) a pair of high heeled YSL heels at Penelope that she had been hiding somewhere in the back of her closet. If she was honest, she had forgotten all about them. It had been an impulsive buy when she received her first Whistledown cheque, and surprisingly she had never told Sophie she had bought them. Sophie was quizzical over the extremely expensive purchase, but Penelope claimed it was a 'savings' purchase, that seemed to settle the curiosity for the mean time. She hated lying about silly things like this. Next was the blouse that Sophie had insisted that she wore. It was a long-sleeved ivory blouse that had been tucked into her trousers, the only problem was the deep cut V-neck... Penelope wasn't sure if Anthony would be able to make any eye contact with her at all tonight. Her hair was styled slightly different too, as her curls were gathered up in a large clip with small ringlets pulled out to frame her face.

She felt rather pretty.

She finished the look with a nude lip to match her nails.

The next thing the girls knew was that the time was now approaching seven o'clock and their apartment intercom was ringing. They both jumped at noise, sharing a knowing look, Sophie took the lead. "Ok that must be him. I'll go let him in, okay? Just take your time... and breathe," Sophie said as she walked out Penelope's room and headed towards the hallway. Penelope heard the two brother's voices shortly after that fill her apartment. Of course they'd arrive together. She took a deep breath, grabbed her clutch and placed a hand on her bedroom door.

It's just a date.

It's just Anthony.

You can do this – inner monologue prepping was needed.

She stepped into the hallway, and she heard her heels hit on the hardwood flooring.
Here goes nothing.

Anthony had arrived at the same time Benedict was pulling up to Penelope's apartment. Benedict furrowed his eyebrows at his elder brother as he closed his own car door, "What are you doing here?" he didn't let his elder brother answer as he pointed at his outfit, "And why are dressed so..." he then smirked, "Ah, never mind. Penelope, I presume?"

Anthony rolled his eyes and ignored his brother as they walked into the foyer.

"Well?" Benedict asked again now prodding his shoulder.

"Yes, Ok. I'm here to take Penelope out for dinner," Anthony replied hastily.

Benedict let a small laugh escape his lips, "Oh brother, try smile otherwise you'll make her run in the opposite direction..." he laughed again before turning serious, "Wait... you aren't nervous, are you?"

The men both waited on the doorman ringing up to the apartment to inform Penelope and Sophie of their arrival. Once the ok was given the brothers headed towards the lifts. Benedict was enjoying himself far too much watching his older brother squirm. It wasn't like Anthony Bridgerton to be so... out of sorts. As they got into the lift Anthony tried to ignore the constant annoyance from his younger brother. Benedict Bridgerton never could keep his emotions or opinions to himself.

Anthony nervously adjusted his cufflinks and opened an extra button on his shirt.

"Oh you are nervous," Benedict said poking at his shoulder.

Anthony turned angrily, "I forgot how fucking annoying you can be."

Benedict scoffed and placed a hand on his chest, "Oh brother your words are extremely cutting, I do hope you are nicer to our dear Penelope."