Chapter 1

"Gia" I hear my name getting called, I know I am in a dream because I live in the glade but this scenery is not the glade, "Gia" I turn around to see a women, "who are you" I say looking at her confused, "your mother, and you need to protect Gally, he's brave but deep down you and me both know he is not as tough as he makes himself out to be" she smiles at me, "but how do I know your my mother" I say to her, she smiles at me, "because you just need to trust me and I am also the reason you and gally got into the glade, I mean they were sending Gally but didn't want to send you, you were to good to lose but I begged them to send you with Gally I knew you would protect them" she says, "they who are they" I ask, "I can't answer that" she smiles at me, places her hands on either side of my face, "it's time to wake up now" she says, as I sit up wake and aware of my surroundings, "Another dream about mum" I hear golfing at the sound, i move my head to see Gally, I nod my head, "do you dream of her" I ask him, he nods his head, "I think she talks to me first then moves to you, when I woke up you were talking" he says, she speaks in riddles tells me stuff but then won't tell who or what" I say, he nods his head, "same with me" he says, I sit up to see Minho and Ben getting ready to run into the glade "it's almost dawn I better go help frypan with breakfast" I say getting up, Gally pulls me into a hug "whatever mum is trying to tell us she doing it because she loves us" he says, I nod my head and then make my way to the kitchen.

"good morning sunshine" frypan says as I walk into the kitchen, "Morning" I say rubbing my eyes, "bad night sleep" he asks, I shake my head, "not bad night sleep weird dream" I look over at him, he nods his head, "another dream about your mum" he asks, I nod my head, "Gally too" I say to him, he gives me a sympathetic look, "I am sure she means well" he says, "you know gally says the same thing, all I am thinking is how do I know that this women is my real mother" I say to him, he nods his head, "I guess you will find out" he says frying eggs, "anyway enough about me how was your sleep" I ask him chopping fruit, "oh other then Newt snoring and Alby kicking around, it was some what good" he laughs, "god those 2 at this point I am going to set up a hammock in my hut and you can sleep there" I say to him, he laughs, "and deal with your talks with you mother I will take the other option" he laughs, "shut up" I laugh.

Frypan and I started handing out breakfast to all the boys, "do you remember what today is" Frypan asks me, I shake my head at him while I give a spoon full of chopped fruit to Newt, "Crate day" Newt smiles at me, "oh I totally forgot what's the bet boy or girl" I say to both of them, "boy" Newt and Frypan say, I shake my head, "no way it has to be a girl this time" I say, "Nah I think they have too many boys in this glade for there to bring a girl in" Newt says, "oh so I am not a girl" I say, he shakes his head, "your not a girl your gally's sister" Frypan says, I shake my head, "does everyone forget that I am myself if I want to go and kiss someone I will" I say "or your just to unpretty to be kissed" Zart says holding his plate out, I give him a death stare, "ok I take it back Gia you aren't unpretty your beautiful but Frypans right if any of us try anything with you, Gally would have our heads, not that I would your like my sister" he says, "same" frypan says, Newt stays quiet "Zart are you the last person" I ask he nods his head moving on, I take my apron off and run to Alby's hut.

"Gia what's up" he says, "nothing I just wanted to see you" I say smiling at him, he gets up "you only want to see me when something has happened" he smiles at me, I stay quiet for a second, "ok I had another dream about mum so did Gally and then at breakfast today Zart and Frypan are saying that I can't get with anyone because I am Gally's sister and I just hate it" I say to him, Alby stands in silence and then lets out a little chuckle before coming over and putting his arms around me, "why do you have to worry about getting anyone when you have me" he smirks at me, I smile at him, "it's not the point I know I have you but no one else does people still think that I have been with no one" I say to him, he pushes a piece of hair behind my ear "my love you worry to much" he says before kissing my forehead, Alby and I established we had feeling for each other like 4 months ago it started with a kiss and then eventually the I love you came out from both of us, I love Alby and when I get out of this stupid glade with him I am going to start a family with him, "The box comes up today" I say to him, "yeah I remembered that about 5 minutes ago" he says to me going and sitting back down, I go and sit down with him, "what do you reckon we will get girl or boy" I ask him, she shrugs his shoulders, "I don't think they are going to send anyone up" he says to me I shake my head, "I doubt that" I smile at him, "alright I better go and you better come get breakfast" I smile at him giving him a kiss before making my way out.

"The box still hasn't arrived yet" Newt says looking over at the crate in the middle of the glade, suddenly the buzzer starts making a sound flashing red, "jinxed it" I smile at him running over to the crate, "last chance to make bets" I smile at Frypan and Newt, "still a boy" they both say, I nod my head, everyone crowds around the crate waiting for the green light to indicate we can open it, "what do you reckon Gia, girl or boy" gally says putting his arm around my shoulder, "Girl" I smile at him, "me too" he says back to me, I smile at him, "Green light" Medjack smiles at us, Gally and some other gladers open the crate, I quickly squeeze to see if someone is in there, "it's a boy" I say pissed off, "ooh that means you owe us another favour" frypan smiles at me, we deal favours because frypan won last month Newt and I had to help out with breakfast and Dinner for the month, now I have to do favour from both of the twits, "ok fine but I am helping with dinner this time, and Newt I'm not axing out tree logs for you" I point at both of them. I turn back around to help get stuff out, "Day one Greenie, rise and shine" my Brother says helping him out, all the boys surround him as he moves around on the ground making fun of him, "guys stop" I say pushing them back before I could help the greenie up, he was running across the glade, "WE GOT A RUNNER" Zart says, as everyone laughs, we all watch him as he gets to the other side of the glade in 5 seconds before tripping over and falling to the ground, I chase after him, to see if he is ok, "are you ok" I say helping him up, "where am I" he replies, "you'll find out" I say before Gally and a another Glade grab him to throw him in the pit.