Arrival 1 - Misc. Idols

(A/N: Welcome to my second book everybody!  Just a few quick notes before we start:

Firstly, I'm excited to finally get this project started!  I've been kicking some of these ideas around for a long time.  Compared to my first book, which was inspired by a long-term romantic plot (obligatory recommendation to check out my IVE book "What's After Like" if you haven't already), this story will be much more episodic in nature.  In fact, several of the sequences in here were originally conceived as one-shots that happened to have very similar settings.  This book is a chance for me to celebrate a whole lot of the idols that I really like, so there will be a pretty big cast of characters!  We'll get to spend plenty of time with two of my three ult groups, Twice and ITZY.  (My other ult group is IVE, who will not feature too much here since I've already got an entire book just for them.)  But there will be plenty of other characters too, so stay tuned!  As you might have guessed, the four idols who appear on the cover will play particularly prominent roles - Chaeryeong (ITZY), Kwon Eunbi (Soloist/former IZ*ONE), Jihyo (Twice), and Hwanwoong (Oneus).  I'm especially excited to finally write about my original bias, Chaeryeong, who is the "Chae" in my nickname "Chae's Borger." 

Second, the chapters in this book will be organized according to the principal subplots; the name of each chapter should tell you which subplot and what idol will be focused on (though most chapters will include multiple characters of course).  Chapters marked with (M) contain sexual content, and much like my first book, there will be a good deal of sex in this story.  And that's not meant to be purely gratuitous either; it's a big component of the many distractions and opportunities competing for y/n's attention at this busy time in his life.  But yeah, it's also part of why I'm excited to write this book and include so many of my favorite idols.  If there's one constant across this and my other book, it's that every sex scene is intended to genuinely progress the reader's understanding of one or both characters and the relationship they have to each other, so I hope you enjoy seeing the very different nature of each encounter!

Third and finally, while much of the college experience is pretty universal, the details of this story are derived from the experience of a large American state university, as that's what I know the best (though y/n's college life is gonna be a lot more exciting than mine).  I've left the question of which university it is up to the reader, with the college's name left unspecified just like y/n's own name.  Although, the layout of the campus in this book is based on a specific university which I'm familiar with.  I'll be particularly impressed if anyone can identify it!

That's all you need to know going in, so thanks for reading!  Updates planned for Thursday evenings in US time zones.)

Friday, Move-In Weekend

"So this is your new campus" Jeonghan comments from the drivers' seat, admiring the clean row of trees and eclectic but impressive buildings surrounding the long line of cars filtering slowly through campus on a busy move-in weekend.  "It's definitely bigger than the last one.  Probably prettier too."

"Let's just hope the professors here are more helpful" you reply, admiring the view even though you've visited before.

You don't even need to look at your older brother to recognize the skeptical expression on his face.  "Sure," he says, "keep pretending that's why you transferred."  When you don't reply, he continues in a softer tone.  "But don't worry, I think it's a good choice regardless.  You'll get over her eventually, and a fresh start can be just the key.  But I won't drag you down any more today, let's focus on getting you set up for a great new life here.  Which way is your dorm again?"

Directing him to the right, you observe the crowds of students already traversing the sidewalks as a large and famously vibrant campus slowly returns to life from its summer hibernation.  "This place feels very different from when I visited in the summer," you comment.  "So busy and full of students already.  I can't wait to meet them."