.07

Yoongi's POV

For the past few days, I've been thinking about this date with Olivia. I had some ideas, but they didn't sound good enough to me. Usually, I would take a girl out to a restaurant, but Olivia was different to me, in a good way.

"You've been sitting there quietly for at least fifteen minutes, what's on your mind?" Namjoon asked.

Namjoon came over to my house to check up on me, even though I made it clear to all of them that they didn't need to do that anymore.

"I'm going on a date with Olivia on Friday." I said.

"Okay, aren't you happy about that?"

"Yes, fuck, I'm so fucking happy, but I'm also really fucking nervous."

"Why?"

"Look at me, Namjoon, I'm not tall or have big muscles like you do, I'm not winning any popularity points with women like you are, all I have is a decent personality."

"And that decent personality is what got you a pre-date and then an actual date. I'm sure Olivia likes you, why else would she agree to see you again?"

"But what if that's not enough?"

Namjoon let out a sigh and walked over to sit beside me on my couch.

"Is all of this coming from everything that Vanessa put you through?"

I was silent for a moment, but eventually nodded my head.

Namjoon nodded and leaned back on the couch. "I can only imagine how it felt to pretty much have your heart ripped out and stomped on like it was nothing, but that was many years ago, you have to let go of her...for good." He put his hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes. "None of the things she said was true and I think part of you knows that. You deserve to be happy with someone that won't take advantage of you and I think Olivia is that girl for you, I truly believe that."

I let Namjoon's words sink in for a moment, then let out a sigh. "I know I deserve to be happy, I just..." I took a deep breath, not wanting to cry. I've done enough crying over Vanessa, I'm not gonna start that up again. "I don't want to experience that feeling again, that feeling of sadness and just...brokenness."

Namjoon nodded and gave me a sad smile. "I can't promise that won't happen again, but I can promise that Olivia isn't like Vanessa. She's too sweet, almost...innocent." He said.

I smiled to myself, nodding in agreement. I thought about how different Olivia was from Vanessa. When I took her out to lunch, I noticed she got the cheapest thing on the menu, even though she could've got whatever she wanted. Now Vanessa, on the other hand, she would've got the most expensive thing in the menu, along with a bunch of other things, just because I had the money to pay for it.

"Yeah, she's sweet." I said softly.

It was silent for a moment, until Namjoon spoke up.

"I'm taking Tanya to the festival on Friday, maybe you two can come with us, it'll be like a double date."

I looked over at Namjoon, looking at him like he was a fucking genius. Why the hell didn't I think of that? The festival was going to be around until Saturday and the last two days are always the best, it was perfect.

"Will that be okay? I don't want to ruin whatever you have going on."

"It's fine, I'm sure Olivia will be happy to see Tanya and I'll be with you, kind of like a wingman." He said proudly.

"I don't know about a wingman, but sure." I chuckled.

Namjoon pouted, but then laughed. "Alright, I'll call Tanya and tell her the plan."

———————————————————————

Olivia's POV

"Wait, so it's going to be like a double date?"

"Yeah, it'll be so much fun."

Tanya just called me and told me the plan. Namjoon and Yoongi are taking Tanya and I to the festival in the next town over.

"Are you okay with this? I don't want to ruin whatever you and Namjoon have going on."

"Liv, of course it's okay, it's no problem at all. Plus, I'll be there if you need any help,"

"What will I need help with?"

"Not to be mean or anything, but most of the dates you been on haven't been so great."

"It wasn't because of me."

"I know that, that's why you'll need my help. I know men better than I know myself sometimes, I know both the green and red flags about them."

"And I don't?"

It was silent, imagining that Tanya was giving me that 'we both know the answer to this' look.

"Okay okay, maybe I don't, but can you blame me?"

"I don't blame you at all, men are just weird sometimes."

"So you're saying Namjoon is weird?"

"He's super weird...but in a good way."

"Then why are you playing hard to get with him?"

"I want to see if he'll give up easily. If he does, that usually means he just wants sex from me. But if he sticks around long enough, it shows that he's serious. Who knows, if I see how serious he is on this date, I just might tone it down a bit and let him in."

"Let him in where?"

"I think you know."

"Oh my god, Tanya." I laughed softly.

"What? Sex is completely normal, why be shy about it?" She laughed. "And don't act like you and Yoongi weren't doing it in your room on Jimin's birthday." She added.

"That doesn't count, I can't even remember it."

"Well...I guess you gonna do it again to see if he's any good or not."

"Tanya!"

"I'm just kidding...kind of."

I laughed and bit my lip, the thought of going on a date with Yoongi is really sinking in now. I really hoped everything goes well, because I think I'm really starting to like Yoongi, which was both scary and exciting.

———————————————————————

Having writer's block sucks, that's all I'll say lol.

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle❤️