Prologue

It was cold.

The mountain I was walking were filled with specks of snow falling from the sky,the surroundings were all white.

The trees and the ground were covered by a thick blanket of winter snow,the brush of cold breeze kissing my cheeks.

"How beautiful."

I whispered softly,liking how the cold hugged me in it's arms.

The snow scrunched underneath my weight,leaving a trail footprints as I walked down the mountain path.

I hear screams in the distance,the sound of begging and pleading,the roars and growls of a demon.And...

A familiar voice of a fellow swordsman.

Reaching a clearing where three individuals stood,I sat hidden behind one of the many trees,observing.

I watched as the boy in checkered haori ran behind the trees,throwing a rock at my companion in an attempt to rescue the female demon.

The boy screamed,rushing forward with his arms behind his back.And my companion retaliated by slamming the bottom handle of sword against the boy's back,knocking him out.

'Hm?'

I looked up at the air,noticing something spinning fast towards my companion.

I turn to warn him,only to see he had dodged just in time before the object could hit him,letting the tree behind take the hit of the axe.

'How dangerously clever.'

I let out small smile,looking down on the unconscious boy.

I watched as the female demon kick the man away and rushing towards the boy,crouching in front of him as she snarled at my fellow swordsman.

'How interesting.'

I let out a giggle at the sight,moving out of my hiding spot just as my companion had knocked the female demon unconscious.

"You seem to have taken care of the situation already,Tomioka-san."I approached the older man,watching as he tied a bamboo string around the girl's lips.

"Was it necessary to knock the boy out?"

"Yes,I had to in order to avoid injuring him."

I smiled at the words,chuckling as I hid the bottom of my face with my haori's wide sleeves.

"How thoughtful of you."

I knelt down by the children,letting the boy's head unto my lap as I wrapped the girl with a blanket,running my fingers through their hairs.

The boy soon snapped his eyes open,his hand immediately grabbing the blanket wrapped around his sister,breathing heavily.

"You're awake?"

Gently patting him on the head,I watched as he quickly got off of my lap and held his sister,looking at both me and my companion warily.

"Go see a man named Sakonji Urokodaki at the foot of Mt.Sagiri,tell him that Tomioka Giyu had sent you."

"It's quite cloudy so she'll be fine for now,avoid exposing her to the sunlight."

I waved goodbye at the boy.

"See you soon,dear children."

Giving him one last look before leaving,descending down the mountain of Kumotori.

"That boy was quite interesting."

I look forward to seeing his growth.