Chapter VIII

3rd POV (Tsuzumi Mansion)

"Kiyoshi!Teru-"

"KYAAA!!!"Teruko screamed,throwing random objects at Tanjiro as she hid behind her brother,the older boy also doing the same.

"Children."when a hand suddenly grabbed their shoulders,startlinh them;"You shouldn't throw stuff at people,it's rude."Rimoto held Kiyoshi's wrist,taking the book out of his hold.

"Onee-chan..."Teruko whispered,turning to see Tanjiro rubbing his head in pain;"Ita-o...Why are you throwing things at me?"he mumbled,brows furrowed at the pair of siblings.

"T-Tanjiro-san!I'm sorry,it's just that the drum suddenly disappeared,so we were in a panic-"Rimoto sighed,kneeling beside the boy;"It's fine,Kiyoshi.You did good."she smiled,patting his head."Great job."

Kiyoshi sniffled,a smile painting his lips as he nodded;"Hai!"glad that the nightmare is finally over."Alright,let's go."Tanjiro knelt in front of Kiyoshi,Teruko quickly latching unto Rimoto as Tanjiro carried the older brother on his back.

"Let's get out of here."Rimoto carried Teruko in her arms,smiling fondly at the little girl clutching unto her shirt.The two slayers walking out of room,carrying the siblings with them.

"I see you kept my haori safe."Rimoto smiled down on Teruko,chuckling at the little girl;"Thank you,Teruko.This haori was a gift from my former Master,so it meant a lot to me."

Tanjiro looked at the brunette as they walked down the hallway,smelling a faint scent of grief and mourning from her.

'I see...'

Understanding what she meant by 'former Master'.

"Hm?"Tanjiro hummed,smelling a familiar scent in the air as they neared the entrance;"Ah,I can smell everyone outside,so they made it out safe.Yokatta...ita ta tai..."

Tanjiro winced,sweat dripping down his face;"Are you alright?"Kiyoshi asked,worry in his tone."!!"Tanjiro gasped,eyes widening as they hear voices and shouting as they approached the entrance.

'The smell of blood...!'

Sunlight welcoming them as they walked out of the mansion,eyes wide at the scene in front of them.

"Hey!Cut it out!"

"Let me go!I will eradicate that demon!"

"Stop it!You've beaten him enough!"

"Pull out your sword and fight,you cowardly weakling!"

"Quit it!"Hinoka growled,both her and Ajian holding unto the masked man from attacking Zenitsu.The blonde teen already bruised blsck and blue from all hit kick and punches,his cheeks swollen as he hugged Tanjiro's box against his chest.

"Tanjiro..."Zenitsu called weakly,laying his head on top of the box as he looked at Tanjiro and Rimoto's shocked faces;"I protected it..."Shoichi cried in the sidelines,hiding behind the tree with the man Ajian treated now awake,comforting the crying boy.