Chapter V

3rd POV (Asakusa,Tokyo)

"Tamayo-san?"

Tanjiro limped towards the ruined home,Ajian helping him as they entered the building.

"Here,in the basement."the soft muffled voice of Tamayo called from a closed oak door,drawing the boys to open it,revealing a set of stairs leading to the basement downstairs.

Letting Tanjiro enter first,Ajian looked around for moment,deeming it safe as he closed the door behind him,walking down the stairs to see Tanjiro and Nezuko embracing each other.

Ajian smiled at the sight,now reach the bottom as he crossed his arms,leaning on the wall."Nezu...ko?"the said Kamado had gotten out of Tanjiro's hold,jogging towards Tamayo whom she embraced in her arms.

Her action caught Tamayo by surprise,Kōri perplexed and Yushiro looking ready to fight."Ah,Nezuko-san has been like this ever since things ended..."Tamayo blinked with dotted eyes,looking lost.

Whilst Nezuko turned to Yushiro,trying to pat his head,the greenette swatting her hand away and dodging her hand.Kōri giggled at the scene,her shoulders shaking in silent laughter,almost cackling when Nezuko gave up and hugged Tamayo tighter,earning a more agitated Yushiro.

"It's quite alright,she probably thinks the three of you as her family."Tanjiro explained,gesturing to Tamayo,Kōri and Yushiro,all three of them glancing at each other.

"But the hypnosis placed on Nezuko-san...wasn't it to treat humans as allies and demons as foes?So why..."Kōri trails,brows furrowed as she placed her hands on her chest,a frown tugging on her lips."We are demons-"

"It's because Nezuko sees you as humans,and will treat you as such."Ajian added,cutting the brunette off her sentence."Although,I hate having Nezuko hypnotized against her will.Seeing as she still retains her own will...I'm grateful for that."

Tears pooled in Tamayo's eyes,her lips quivering as a sniffle slipped pass her nose."Ah!I'm so sorry!"Tanjiro screamed,thinking that he had offended the woman."Nezuko!Nezuko,get off her this instant!You're being very disrespectful!"

Tamayo sniffled,crying as she buried her head in the girl's shoulder,reciprocating the hug as she snuggled into the girl's arms."Thank you."she sobbed,a soft smile gracing her lips."Thank you so much,Nezuko-san."

Yushiro looked at Tamayo with sad eyes,a frown on his face as his mind replayed that words Tamayo said to him before she turned him into a demon.He glanced at one of the rooms in the basement,reminiscing the moment when Tamayo had offered him to be a demon.

"Do you want to continue living?Even though...you will not live as a human."

He remembered Kōri's shameful eyes,her avoidant gaze and fidgeting.

"At this rate,you will die.However,a demon's life...is very difficult and very painful.So,do you still wish to live?"

In the end,Yushiro accepted.Turning himself into a demon to live longer and more healthier,and he wouldn't have chose otherwise.