Chapter XV

3rd POV (Demon Slayer Corps' Headquarters)

Tanjiro watched as Sanemi held Hinari by the hand,his arm snaking around her waist,leading her towards the other Hashiras

'Is this really the same brash man earlier?'

He thought,blinking dottedly at the now gentle man."Forgive me,everyone for the inconvenience."Hinari's soft voice reached his ears,the burgundy-haired haired teen feeling somewhat nostalgic and relieved.

"As you may all have heard,I..."the young woman placed a hand on her chest,Sanemi standing close to her."Have harbored a demon with me upon my aid in Natagumo Mountain."

The Hashiras gasped at her words,the Tsugukos looking at each whilst Sanemi gripped her hand tighter,his non-existent brows furrowing slightly."But I have a reason,just like Kamado-kun have his own reason for carrying his sister around with him."

Tanjiro swallowed thickly when the Wind Hashira's gaze settled on him,sweat dripping down his cheek at the dark look the older man was sending his way.

"Please,everyone.I beg you."Hinari pleaded to her fellow Hashiras,a frown tugging on her lips as she 'looked' at them;"Please,hear us out first.I shall give you all proof if that is what you want,proof that Nezuko and Rui will not harm a human."

The Hashiras glanced at each other with uncertainty,the Tsugukos keeping quiet as they stood beside their respective Masters.Ajian inched a bit closer to Tanjiro,the long-haired teen kneeling beside the restrained male.

"What happened earlier?Why did you attack Shinazugawa-sama?"he asked,placing a hand on Tanjiro's shoulder."He stabbed the box,I got angry when I heard Rui and Nezuko screaming in pain."

"Hm."Ajian hummed,sighing as he took the box from Tanjiro's hold."Ajian-san?!"earning a panicked yelp from the younger teen."Relax,I'm not gonna hurt them."Ajian stood up,holding the box as he walked towards his Master.

"Sensei."calling the teen's attention as she turned to face him,a smile breaking on her porcelain face upon feeling the familiar presence;"Ah,Rui."she called in a soft tone,facing Ajian as she placed a hand on the box.

"Rui,can you hear me?Are you okay in there?"Sanemi glared at Ajian,his hold on Hinari's waist tightening."Mother?"a muffled voice came from the box, surprising both Hashiras and Tsugukos."It hurts,Mother.That loud man stabbed me and Nezuko."

The muffled voice came again,this time,pained and weak."Is that so?"Hinari turned to her lover,a 'smile' tugging on her lips;"Sanemi."the Wind Hashira feigned innocence,a bead of sweat dripping down his cheek.

The Hashiras watched with amusement in their eyes,knowing how much Sanemi fears the younger woman."Can I come out now,Mother?You said you'll introduce me to someone special."

Sanemi looked back at Hinari,the long raven-haired woman heaving a sigh;"Not anymore,child.It seems that it's quite the bad idea."she turned his way,scoffing as she took the box from Ajian's hold.