Midnight madness part 2

Beau's PoV

"Have you always been good at basketball? Do you just have a natural sports talent?" Rachel asks me as we wander along the riverwalk. "I mean...Iv always been good at basketball and luckily I enjoy it. What about you? Any talents to share with me?" I smile stuffing my hands in my jean pockets as Rachel links her arm round mine. "None I can show you on a first date I'm afraid Miss James. Unless ..." she smiles as I laugh and shake my head. "Seriously? You must be really good at something..." she looks at me again, wiggling her eyebrows. "Come on seriously tell me something you're good at" she rolls her eyes playfully and turns her head away from me "I'm good at knitting". This stops me completely in my tracks as Rachel who still has her arm linked in mine stops too, I look at her with raised eyebrows and ask "knitting?". She starts dragging me forward with her again playfully scolding me "you're not allowed to laugh at that. One day it'll be useful". I look down at my feet smiling, enjoying how easy is it to just hang out with Rachel "I'm sure it will be. When you're sitting at home with your ten cats and you want to knit them all sweaters". She swats at my arm as I bend over laughing, she tries to hide the smile on her face "that's you officially not getting a sweater for your Christmas, don't come crying to me about it later". I lean up again smiling at the red head before pointing behind her to the churro bar "hungry?". "Depends what your offering Beau James...you or the churro?" She smiles as I walk towards the churro bar dragging her with me.

"So what's going on with you and Brooke? Really?" Rachel asks me as we walk through the mall before heading home. I look at her like she's mad with our arms still linked "me and Brooke? Nothing ...she's literally dating Lucas". I hope my annoyance about that fact didn't sink through to Rachel. "Just because she's dating Lucas it doesn't mean she doesn't have something for you...do you have something for her?" Rachel asks as we stop in the middle of the mall, turning to face each other. "I can guarantee you Brooke Davis couldn't give a damn about me" Rachel's eyes drift from me ...to behind me as a smile crosses her face. "Oh yeh? Let's test that theory shall we?" She says, linking her arm again with mine and swivelling me round ...marching towards suburban filth. "Welcome to suburban filth, can I help you?" Brooke fumed looking briefly at me and turning to Rachel. "Yes. We are looking for some lingerie. Something lacy, open cup ...possibly edible" I watch as Brooke face angers with each word Rachel says. Which in turn ...angers me. She chose Lucas. She kissed me then left and chose Lucas. Iv never had a kiss like I had with Brooke before in my life and I know she felt that too ...but she chose him. Brooke looks to me like she's hurt for a moment before replacing that hurt expression with the usual one she has for Rachel ...her bitchy one. "You know, I think you're in the wrong store. You're looking for slut barn, downstairs" Brooke points to the door, clenching her jaw as she looks at Rachel's arm wrapped round mine. "Oh ...these'll do" Rachel sings picking up a pair of lingerie "oh and can I pick up a pair for my sister...she's kinda chubby...you know ... your size". "Rachel don't" before I can finish, Brooke steps up to Rachel. I quickly place myself between them as Brooke looks up at me like Iv betrayed her "either you take her out that door...or I'll put her through the window". I look at Brooke for a moment ...like I'm pleading with her. The distance between us growing and growing. "Brooke ...you can't..." "now Beau" she inhales before demanding that I remove Rachel from the store. As I move out of the way, she locks eyes with Rachel again as I give up, turn round and lead Rachel out of the store.