Black jerseys

Beaus PoV

I'm standing in the tired old gym looking at my black jersey hanging up. Whitey ordered us black jerseys to remember my dad and Keith. Lucas comes in and stands next to me looking at his. "This feels wrong" he mutters pulling out his jersey to look at it. "Black jerseys for your dad and Keith..." I turn and see Nathan walking towards Lucas and I. "First game back ...you guys ready for this?" Nathan asks us as I place my hand on Lucas's shoulder. "I think so ..." Lucas mumbles as I turn my attention back to the jersey "I'm going to make him proud". "Yeh you are ...full teams here for you guys...we got your back out there" Nathan claps the both of us on the back and turns walking to the door as I lift my jersey out and begin to get ready.

"You ok handsome?" Brooke asks me as I walk out onto the court. "Better now" I smile looking down at my beautiful girlfriend in her cheer costume. "Too cute" she smiles leaning up and placing a quick kiss to my lips. "Looks good you know" she places her hand on the patchwork over my heart ....Lucas has KS and mine has JJ. I place my hand over Brooke's leaning down and quickly kissing her again as the games about to begin. "Good luck handsome" Brooke smiles as I walk backwards to the court. "I love you" I smile seeing her mouth it back to me and start cheering with the other cheerleaders ...including my sister who smiles places her hand over her own heart looking at the patch.

I walk up to the tip off standing next to Nathan. Looking up my eyes catch Lucas who is in a day dream looking at a seat on the court. I look to Nathan who bites his lip and places his hand up to the ref. Lucas turns and walks up to whitey. Nathan and I follow him hearing him say "I can't play tonight". "Dustin your in" whitey roars as I nod at Nathan who walks up to him "coach ...we are in this together ... that's what you taught us right?". Nathan and I turn and follow Lucas off the court as Whitey walks up to the ref. "Ladies and gentlemen looks like the ravens have forfeited the game" mouth announces through the speaker as we descend to the locker room.

Brooke's PoV

"What just happened?" I ask turning to Haley who shrugs and looks as worried as I am. "Are you waiting here for them?" I ask her grabbing my bag and waiting on the court with Haley. "Yeh I don't see how they can be long ...they must be changing" Haley shrugs as we stand in the now empty gym. Mouth then comes storming into the gym and walks right up to me "what are you doing to Rachel Brooke?". I sigh and turn to him looking for Beau "look what just happened in here tonight with Beau, I think I have a little more on my mind than your skank infatuation mouth". "It's not fair , she's done nothing to you" he looks at me furious as I snap and turn to him "are you kidding? How about trying to steal my cheerleading squad? Or entering me in rogue vogue just so she could screw me over or let's not forget the most important part ...her trying over and over again to ruin what was going on with Beau and I ...picking her in the draft...putting Peyton in beaus bedroom drunk ...really mouth stop me because I can go on and on...". "The picture ...Rachel said it was someone she knew" mouth says still sticking up for her "yeh ...fine ...maybe you should read the back of it" I sass passing him the picture out of my bag. He looks at the picture before looking up at me disappointed "the flyers where else are they?". "Well there's a couple at school, a few at TRIC, Karen's cafe...numerous convenience stores round town...it's my turn to have a little fun" I grumble as mouth turns and shouts grabbing onto my arm "Brooke..." "remove your hand of my girlfriend mouth". I turn my head seeing Beau stand behind me furiously looking at mouth who instantly drops his hand and whispers to me "didn't you learn anything from jimmys death?" Before scoffing and walking away. "What was that about?" Beau asks me as I realise I might have just fucked up. "Em ... just Rachel stuff ...you ok?" I ask her turning to face her. "Yeh I'm fine ...Lucas didn't want to play...so... can I drive you home Miss Davies?" She smiles tugging her bag up her shoulder. "You absolutely can...but first...how about some making out in the back seat?" I smile placing my hand in hers and walking out to her car.